1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incredibly distraught, advice needed.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by eightyeight, Mar 27, 2015.

1. eightyeight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi guys,

I'll try to make this short for you and I'll say it straight to the point.

I'm very upset, confused, sad, bothered, depressed, basically having a mental burnout. I'm in love with someone I can't have and it is killing me.

The things I do to protect my feelings are hurting the person I love but if I tend to her and be nice to her I end up hurting myself. It's not like I want to hurt her, but I also don't want to hurt myself. To me, it's a lose-lose situation.

I can't figure out what she feels about me but I can never bring myself to ask her, especially after she shows certain dislike of the thoughts of liking other girls. I'm totally screwed if I were to ask or not to ask.

I can surely say I am very, very distressed about this and I'm nearing my breaking point.

Even though I am very much in love with this person, should I just walk away from the relationship altogether?

A token for your thoughts? Anyone?

2. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is she a good friend to you? If not, you shouldn't waste your time.

3. rdbrook23

rdbrook23 Guest

I think you need to take a good look at your friendship. It sounds like you both care about each other enough to want to stay close. I get that for you it is harder because of your romantic feelings, but good friends are hard to find these days. If she is too good a friend to lose I suggest you try to find a different outlet for your romantic cravings. She may be great but if she is not interseted in you romantically you deserve to find someone who is, and let your feelings free! Maybe explain to her that you need some time and space but you will always be there for her. Then go find someone who shares your interest!

4. eightyeight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    She's an amazing friend. That's what makes it harder.

That's true. It's just that for the time being nobody else would do, it has to be her. I'm also close with another guy but he doesn't do. Should I just keep my distance no matter how much it hurts? At least that way I can control my feelings right?