1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual confusion

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by kay14, Mar 29, 2015.

1. kay14

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Basically, I'm 18 and a girl and I think I could be bisexual. But I don't feel the same toward attractive girl and attractive guys. I don't mean in how much I am attracted to guys and girls but in the sense that I don't FEEL the same when looking at hot guys and girls.

For example, (if you are Bi) get a picture of the hottest guy and the hottest girl you can think of and switch from one picture to the other. Do you feel the same kind of attraction? I just get different feelings and I don't know what to think of this.

I guess I'm just confused as to if I am attracted TO girls or if I just want to BE them?

Any help is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can see where you're getting at, and quite honestly I'm not sure of it myself.

Have you considered dates or have any emotional attachment to girls?

3. headie2infinity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I can say that when I compare pictures of hot guys vs. hot girls this is how I feel

Guys: Oh wow he's gorgeous, really good looking.
    Girls: She is beautiful, gorgeous, man I'd be lucky to have her.

So ya I guess there is a difference, when I am in public and I see a hot guy, I notice him but don't stare or anything. I just notice that he is attractive. However, when I see an attractive woman I get nervous, and completely shy away. I also can be jealous of other women's looks as well, but it is different depending on the person.

4. kay14

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I find it harder to talk to guys and easier to talk to girls but that could be because I'm a girl myself. The idea of going on a date with a guy or girl feel the same I guess. I'm not really a dating type (unless the date is some sort of adrenaline rush activity) I feel more emotionally attached to girls but again that could just be because I am a girl.

I see your orientation says open minded and I like that. That seems to fit me. What does that entail for you? if you don't mind me asking?

5. woahthatsboring

All attraction isn't the same and that's what I'm beginning to learn. If you have start to have attractions to girls try not to compare them with your attractions to guys because you might fancy one more than the other and that is normal. The feelings aren't always gonna be the same. Good luck :slight_smile:

6. kay14

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks everyone. I guess I just really want to know what I am considering I'm 18 and still don't know :/

7. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I'm calm and anxiety/stress isn't speaking for me, I don't care in I'm gay, bi, straight or whatever's in between. But depending on the day, and depending on who's there, it'll affect who I'm attracted to.

I've change my orientation one too many times, so instead of continuing that cycle, I'll just put open minded because I want to see all the possibilities and which one will provide me with the most happiness.

---------- Post added 29th Mar 2015 at 05:30 PM ----------

I'm 18 as well, and I started questioning last year. Don't worry, we're in the same boat. I'm sure one day we'll find someone.

---------- Post added 29th Mar 2015 at 05:32 PM ----------

That's a great way to put it. I find that my difficulty comes from trying to identify myself with stereotypes when really I don't fit anywhere. I know bisexual doesn't have to be 50/50, but in the back of my head that's the only definition that I know of.

8. kay14

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

9. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have completely different reactions to men and women. With women I am passionately and sexually attracted to them and would consider dating a woman but nothing else. With men I am also sexually attracted to them but would consider a long term relationship and view them more romantically. I think it is because I'm scared of falling in love with a woman and having to come out to friends and family. However I have no problem with the fact that I view men and women differently and still define myself as bisexual.

Try not to obsess over what you are labelling yourself. You can love who you want to love and it really doesn't matter about what sexuality you are as long as you are happy with who you are :slight_smile:

10. kay14

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

11. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I stress out a lot, yeah, and through masturbation in general it relieves the stress (although I will admit it's not the best way to do it. I obsess over not only my orientation but the littlest things as well, like making a minor mistake and I treat it like it's the end of the world, and it sticks on my mind depending on the severity of the mistake.

There was one more thing I forgot to mention (something I've noticed about myself). In a heterosexual couple, if the guy is more attractive than then girl, then I'll pay attention to the guy more, and vice versa.

---------- Post added 30th Mar 2015 at 01:15 AM ----------

Hmm... I think I'm starting to find my niche a bit. Thanks for your post.

12. kay14

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks again :slight_smile: Good luck to everyone in figuring things out if you haven't already :slight_smile: