1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does Bisexual mean TO YOU?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jax12, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know that being a bisexual doesn't mean the attractions between both sexes are 50/50, but here's what I know so far about myself:

For Men:
    - I'm sexually attracted to older men. Driven by father issues or not is a separate case, as I've come to realize.
    - Spoken to a couple guys before in an app and in real life, and from there I can tell if it could potentially go to a date or not.

For Women:
    - My tone changes around girls that I find visually attractive.
    - When conversations start, I may being to see them as potential dates. Always had a worry/fear of asking them out.

I find that for both genders, dates/relationships fluctuate between a particular ideal and non-interest. What are you're thoughts on this? Comments are also welcome.

2. AnnoNemus

For Men:
    It's mostly physical, but not necessarily sexual. Strong urges to cuddle, or just to feel their muscles are common. "crushing" on a man in the traditional sense of the word is also common, but I tend to not act on my urges for the most part. Penises and muscles are sexually attractive, and muscles are just fun to touch in general.

For Women:
    I find breasts to be extremely sexually attractive, but I find vaginas to be moderately repulsive in general. Cuddling seems a lot less natural, actually, physical contact in general with an attractive woman feels more awkward. Not wrong or anything, it's just not as easy as being physical with a man.

When it comes to sex, I can't really say anything about either gender, as I am still a virgin.

3. HiAndBi

For Men
    When I have sexual fantasies, men are starting to disappear from them.
    I am definitely romantically attracted to guys. I love cuddling, especially when the guy is bigger than me.
    For Women
    CUDDLES! Cuddles with girls are the best! Even when a friend (nothing more) hugs me, I can never want to let go. I am definitely attracted to girls both sexually and romantically.
    ~•••~
    Some people define bisexual as "a sexual attraction to two genders", and some "a sexual attraction to both males and females". I would say both of them are true, at least for me - I'm not attracted in any way to transgenders.

4. blackhatguy

Both catch my eye when I'm walking through the hall, driving, whatever. Usually I have an easier time not staring at the ladies.

5. childhooddream

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    men: attracted to physically and romantically.

women: oddly enough I either just find them hot, or have romantic crushes, but hardly ever do i find myself sexually and romantically attracted at the same time to the same woman. most of the time its just emotional/romantic

6. HiAndBi

@childhooddream
    Maybe you are heterosexual/biromantic?

7. ComplicatedSort

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    For me, bisexuality consists not of major overlaps in who I find attractive, what turns me on, or who I can have a (conventionally-)complete relationship with. Rather, I see the possibility - not yet realized - of being able to fully express my sexuality, but only through having more than one intimate relationship.

The one man I want to be with - to live with, share my life with, and be romantically and sexually intimate with - is my dear husband. Sex is easily the least important part of our relationship - we were pretty frisky when we first got together four years ago but he has numerous health issues which have worsened since then. Thus I am now his caregiver as well as his friend, lover and spouse. And we're really good for one another.

From the beginning we have known that our sexual orientations were very different, even though (thank goodness!) they overlap just enough for the two of us. If we see a cute hetero couple jogging down the sidewalk, my husband looks at the guy and I look at the girl! It's a standing source of amusement between us. I have come to realize just how much I miss at least some physical intimacy with women, the chance to be passionate with them - often when I hug women friends there are fireworks going off inside me and I long to (giving away my age here) "seriously make out" with them. But as I found in my... well... more than two straight marriages, that passion does not carry through to the, um, finale. It's as though my [male equipment euphemism of choice] says, "Oh, no, I'm not going there!" however much I wish I could. So I feel sexually competent with my husband - I know I can satisfy him - but not with women.

We have an understanding that it's all right for me to have a girlfriend. But I've experienced how destabilizing two involvements at the same time can be. And I don't want to run off with a woman, or to have a woman wanting to run off with me. I love my husband, and want to stay with him as long as we both live. So I'm not holding my breath, waiting for the right person in the right situation to magically appear in my life. But I do still hold onto the hope that it could happen.

That's what bisexuality means to me, so far... :slight_smile: