1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lesbian or bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by pinkbabe, Apr 2, 2015.

1. pinkbabe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I came out several years ago as bisexual (i'm almost 17) but recently I realized that I'm a lesbian. I'm pretty sure or this, and I started coming out again to a few of my friends, but I wanted to put my reasoning out there to see if it makes sense with you all. I'm just pretty confused right now because I thought that I was bisexual for years.

For starters, I've always been way turned on my girls but with guys, although I can definitely tell when a guy is hot, I was never sexually attracted to them. I had several guy crushes in middle school and early high school, but I rarely found them attractive. they were mostly my guy friends who I trusted and wouldn't mind going out with, and it ended up turning into a weird, awkward "crush"

The reason I wanted a boyfriend so badly in middle school, I realized, was not that I actually liked boys, but that having a boyfriend was cool and I wanted someone to care for me because I was lonely.

On the flip side: although I used to hardcore repress my feelings for girls (I never let myself have crushes on them in middle school), I always was really drawn to them both physically and emotionally. When I find 5% of guys reasonably attractive, I find at least 80% of girls that attractive or more. There is still a stray guy that I am super attracted to (cough cough Brendon Urie) but I think it's pretty rare and because I like girls so much as a whole I really don't think that one or two attractive guys should be enough to call myself bisexual.

What do you guys think? I hope this made sense.

2. bigspeakers

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well... I kinda had the same thing...I had few crushes, but when I tought a girl in that way I just ignored it... And well, I find myself as a bisexual.. but now I'm not sure... If you just don't find yourself with a boy, I think you are a lesbian. If it feels strange a anything like that, I think you are a lesbian. And because of that what you told, I think you are a lesbian. There's few reasons you might be a lesbian. So good luck! Hopely this helped you in some way

3. Emily1

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I would say that you are a lesbian, not because you find 80% of women attractive as opposed to only 5% of men, but because that's the label that you seem most comfortable with. I too, identify as lesbian but find myself attracted to a boy once in a blue moon. I personally feel that my attraction to boys is incomparable to my attraction to girls and that's why I feel comfortable identifying as gay. When I think about it, I only want to date women and they turn me on so much more than men. Hopefully you can relate and good luck!