1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm anxious of being gay

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by confusedchris, Apr 3, 2015.

1. confusedchris

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When I joined a dating website recently, I realized I might be bisexual, so I added that in. I've always been interested in guys and girls. However, I feel like I'm more emotionally attached to guys than girls. Anyway, I began speaking to a guy on there, and it got to the point in which I could ask him out, and I let slip that I feel unsure.

The thing is, I can't imagine myself kissing another guy in a public place. I feel afraid of doing that. However, I can't just ignore my feelings, and stay straight. I don't even know if I want to be with a woman anymore. I'm stuck in this middle ground and I can't figure out where to go from here. Any advice?

EDIT: It seems like he's being distant now.

#1 confusedchris, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, Chris.

What you're experiencing is entirely normal. Nobody but you can know if you're gay, straight, or somewhere in between, and often it just takes time to figure it out.

One piece to understand: Every gay guy once found it unimaginable to be able to kiss a guy in public, and was deathly afraid of that. We all fear judgment, and gay men face plenty of judgment. So it makes total sense that you'd be feeling that. At the same time, if you find yourself attracted to guys, and thinking you could date a guy... then you might find that, over time, being with guys starts to seem a lot more natural and comfortable than being with a girl... and that points to your being gay. Or perhaps it will be somewhere in the middle and you'll feel attraction to both. Any of the above are OK. Just take a breath, and give it time.