1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Feel Out of Place

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by gloomyra, Apr 3, 2015.

1. gloomyra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    None of my family knows that I'm bisexual. I tried to tell my mom once, but she kind of shrugged it off. She told me she didn't think I could be bi; I was either straight or a lesbian. To clarify, she thinks other people can be bisexual, but not me. She was totally fine with me being a lesbian, though.

I only have one friend I told, because she asked me (and I think she likes me, but I only see her as a friend). There's one friend I trust enough to tell, but I haven't because he also happens to be my crush.

I don't feel right in the LGBT community either. I feel like if I date men, then (some) people assume I'm just pretending to be bisexual. Even though, I really like women.

What if I marry a man/woman? Does that make me straight/a lesbian? Or am I still bisexual?

I thought I was a lesbian most of my life. Even when I was a little kid, I "liked" girls and I even kissed one of my female classmates. But around sixteen or so, I started liking boys too. I just feel confused right now. Not to sound cliche, but I feel like no one in my life "gets me".

2. CrazyAwkward

I'm sorry you're feeling that way. It's true that some people in the LGBT can be quite ignorant when it comes to bisexuality. I got into a very heated argument over that with someone yesterday somewhere else on the interwebz, actually. It sucks that people can be like that. And I know it must be hard, but try not to let them bring you down. There are plenty of other people who don't think that way. Surround yourself with those people instead.

And regardless of who you end up with, man or woman, you'll still be bisexual. Think of married straight people you know. How many of them still go banaynays over certain actors/actresses they find attractive? Just because you commit to someone, doesn't mean that sort of thing stops. You'd be choosing a person to commit to, not a gender. So your attraction to both men and women will still be there.

Hope this helps a little.

3. gloomyra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the insight. I do feel a little better now. I think I'm just in a dark place today. Your profile picture is cute by the way, I love Adventure Time. :slight_smile: