1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day 6 and 7 as straight

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by woahthatsboring, Apr 4, 2015.

1. woahthatsboring

Day 6: I think I'm aware now that I have to have a type to be attracted to a guy because whenever I see one... I feel nothing. So I learned that I'm not attracted to everyone I see, that's a step :slight_smile:. An old guy crush was brought up when l was having a conversation with a friend. I think I still like him because I became very possessive on what girl was talking to him. Later, I went to the gym and there was a lady in leggings so my eye wondered a little but I'm not sure if it was because I was attracted to her or because she had on tight legging so I was distracted by that. The label straight doesn't really feel like me... But I already know I'm not completely straight. I'm not sure if heteroflexible or bisexual is the right word. I'm still very attracted to guys and that old crush made me sure of that.

Day 7: It's my last day straight. I had practice so I was around all girls but I was only paying attention to one. I think I might've been attracted to her sexually but I never wanted more than that. I payed more attention to her body and to be honest, I forgot her name. I guess this does support being heteroflexible but I hate the label. It seems confusing and it doesn't make sense to me. I can't come out and tell people I'm sexually fluid they'll think I'm lying. Ugh. Welp, last day was epic.

I'm going to start my gay label not on Easter sunday. Sorry, but I still have issues with Christ and homosexuality and I think I'll most likely will start on Monday. :smilewave

2. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you might be closer to being a heteroromantic bisexual, rather than straight, heteroflexible, bi, or gay. I don't know, but I hope this helps :slight_smile:

3. woahthatsboring

Yes, it does. I'll take a look into it. Thank you!

4. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,
    I mean this nicely, but again, why do you seek any label at all? Why is it so important to 'know for sure' 'what' you 'are'? I could propose an alternative, which is to just live your ordinary life, and when you feel a connection with someone, a genuine attraction, just be present with that and see where it leads, whether it's to a guy or a girl.

To be honest I've done a few 'experiments' myself also, all inconclusive, so I now think a better way to discover one's sexuality is a kind of 'non-judgemental self-acceptance', in my opinion - to extend the attitude to oneself that, however things turn out, whether you turn out to 'actually' be straight, gay, or whatever, that it's all ok either way. No need to know for sure right now, no need to stress over labels, just let attraction naturally flow where it will, whether to guys or to girls, without judgement or worry - and Life itself will, over time, reveal the 'true' answer, imho. :slight_smile:

5. woahthatsboring

I seek a label because even though I wish I could go around life care free and not giving a crap who I'm attracted to, I couldn't do it-- at least not for long. There's always going to be some part of me wondering who the hell am I? If I can't answer that question for myself no one else can either... So I just want to make clear of that. I think this experiment is stressful like you've put it but I do think I know more about myself than I did before. I agree that it will take time and life to decide so thank for your input :slight_smile: