1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I felt nothing

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by hyperaware, Apr 5, 2015.

1. hyperaware

hyperaware Guest

I had my first girl kiss last night. And I felt nothing.

I went to a party with some friends and this girl approached me and told me her friend would like to meet me. The girl was very cute and I only had time to ask her name (which I didn't understand because the music was loud) and she started kissing me. I felt nothing. I didn't get that "wow I really am gay!" realization that I thought I would. I just kept thinking about why I wasn't feeling anything while we were kissing. I'm thinking maybe it was because we didn't have any previous chats, so I didn't feel close to her. But what if it isn't that? I'm so confused and disappointed at myself.

Does anyone have similar experiences with first same-sex kiss? I could really use some insight :frowning2:

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's quite possible that you just weren't interested in her specifically.

I mean, just because you're a lesbian doesn't mean you're gonna like kissing every girl you meet.

3. ellyy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Were you attracted to her? If not, that would explain things. But like YuriCore said, just because you're a lesbian it doesn't mean that you're going to feel something from every girl you kiss and I know that my girlfriends who are straight don't always feel something when they kiss a guy.

4. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Did you have the urge to kiss her or did you feel it was forced? Even though I haven't been kissed, my urges to kiss became stronger when I started liking the girl I like right now. At this moment, I want her, not every girl I see at a bar and or party just her. So like many of the others have said you may have not been interested in her which just made you feel nothing.

5. absvrdity

absvrdity Guest

Like Wolf123 is asking, did you have the urge to kiss her? Or did you feel it was forced? If you didn't feel like you were attracted to her, or you just didn't have a connection with her, you probably wouldn't feel much.

6. hyperaware

hyperaware Guest

It was kinda forced, yeah. I honestly just wanted to get it over with, you know? I've known I'm a lesbian for about 4 years now and I still haven't kissed a girl, so I was like "eh, why not?". But yeah, I wasn't really attracted to her. I didn't even have time to decide whether or not I was attracted to her, it was all very fast. That might be it.

#6 hyperaware, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
  7. Emily1

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hopefully this will help put your mind at ease…

I didn't feel much the very first time I kissed a girl. It wasn't forced but she did ask if she could kiss me so it wasn't natural either. Fast forward a couple of weeks and she and I were in a more intimate setting. It was one of those where we just looked at each other and it sort of happened. That's when I felt something. Basically, don't freak out if you didn't feel anything. You said it was forced and it doesn't sound like there was any intimacy involved considering you were at a party. You need to wait for that mutual 'I really want to kiss you' moment, I'm certain you'll feel something then.

8. hyperaware

hyperaware Guest

Aw, that's sweet. Thanks for the reply, it sure did help.

9. Thingymajing

I had a crush on this guy for like a year before we kissed, he was my first kiss, and I was so hung up on the whole "OMG THIS MEANS HE LIKES ME OMG OMG" to feel anything during the kiss, other than my pounding heart and racing thoughts haha. I felt no amazing first kiss euphoria or lust or even love, all I felt really was surprise. We went on to be together for a few years, but our first kiss was more of a symbol to me than an amazing experience... Doesn't mean later kisses weren't incredibly strong on the feels :slight_smile:

10. Elementsroyalty

My first kiss with a girl wasn't all that magical either.

I was literally just having a casual conversation with a friend, when out of nowhere she kissed me. I thought I would be happy, but I was more confused than anything.
    I questioned my orientation afterwards, however I'm still pretty sure I'm a lesbian. Not only because the kiss was so sudden but I also wasn't attracted to her.

As lesbians, we aren't attracted to every woman, so every kiss won't be amazing. I mean, if you were kissed by an old woman, would you feel tingly (sorry for the strange example)?