1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having an affair w/ a married man- should I stop it?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by JREChi, Apr 5, 2015.

1. JREChi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    WARNING A WALL OF TEXT

I apologize for such a long post, I don't post often so please bear with me.

For the past few months I have been having sexual relations with a married man. (Steve)
    I have known him for close to 5 years, off and on, but we were just friend of a friend kind of situation, nothing more.

Back in December of last year I sent him an FB invite and about 3 weeks later he accepted and sent me a message. It was just basic pleasantries, how have you been, where are now, things of that nature, and come to find out we live 5 blocks from each other. Anyway we finished by exchanging phone numbers and saying we should grab a beer and catch up.

I thought nothing of it at the time, I went to the movie with a girl, informal date, and "Steve" sends me a text asking what I was up too, by this time it's 11:30 at night. He said he can't sleep and wanted to know if I wanted to grab a beer. I said sure, since I knew I wasn't going to sleep w/ this chick, so I just took her home and then swung by and picked "Steve" up.

We went back to my house and doing the normal bro catching up discusstions. He tells me about work and how it is going we'll, he's married and has a kid. We keep slamming shots and beers for a few more hrs. He then sends his wife a text and tells her he's going to stay at my place so we don't risk a DUI, and I have a guest bedroom.

Ok, so at this point I'm not thinking anything out of the ordinary, we'll drink a few more and then when he's ready to pass out he can to the guest bedroom.

Here's what happened, I'm standing behind my bar (which I build myself:wink: and he's asking how I built it and he starts to make moves on me. Gentle hand on the lower back, semi hugs
    At this point the my engine is revving up and I'm ready to go!!!!

So we bolt up the stairs to my bed room, cloths start flying everywhere, it was just total male testosterone love fest, which lasted for 4hrs. We were exhausted.
    In the morning we clean up and I drop him off at home. The wife was nun the wiser.

We have done this around 5 times now and we text twice a week. His works schedule is rather crazy and his wife is very controlling so he isn't able to come over much but when he can sneek out and he come over its the best sex either one of us has ever had with a chick.

There is Just something about being that intiment with another guy like that is just so refreshing. I have only been w/one guy before Steve, I was his first time. We both are in our late 20's-early 30's.

So- I ask you fellow posters, what shall I do, first off)
    1) I do care for him very verry deeply, I can't say that I am 100% in love with him. I do think his feelings are stronger for me.
    2), I doubt he will leave his wife of 3 years and 3 kids(one is his)
    3). His wife is kinda crazy, she somehow figured out where I live, yikes!!

With all that has been said
    Do I-

1). Play this game until it's untimate end, where Steve no longer allowed to come over and if he and I do hang out she will divorce him and take everything. ( she knows and gives him one last chance).

2). We kinda do a Broke Back Mountain deal where we do some kind of hunting or fishing or sports road trip for a week or a few days and that's it, no other contact besides our special trips.

3). I stop this before someone gets hurt and lives get ruined.

To honestly want to be with him and see where this could go, I just see very limited options.

Please help.

2. IG88

I choose option 3.

Because really, it's the right thing to do. Cheating = bad.

Apparently the sex is great, but maybe you naturally experience better sex with men over women, not just Steve over every other person. You aren't married and can later on marry another single person who loves you as much as you love her/him. You've already said that you aren't 100% in love with Steve, but his wife and kids might be. That means that you can't have this trist with him any longer. He needs to stay strong and be present for his kids and wife. After all, imagine you as a kid. You wouldn't want your dad sleeping with a strange man would you? Yeah, no. Please in the future avoid married people. Granted, your first sex encounter with a married person was in the heat of the moment. Alright. But I'm sure that wasn't the case every single time afterwards. But, you can be a better person by choosing your partners wisely.

3. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree you should choose option three unfortunately. While it is sad for everyone involved, he has a child now and that child should not have their life ruined by their parents breaking up, which is a possibility. You may consider giving him an ultimatum as well; Tell him to choose her or you. If you are really serious and you love each other, maybe the relationship with his wife is unhealthy for him and he would be happier with you.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's the simplest way to make this choice. Put yourself in the position of the guy's wife (and kids.)

If you were her... how would you feel about someone doing with her husband what you are doing with him? Doesn't feel very good, does it?

So why would you do that to someone?

If you have any personal integrity, there really isn't any choice other than option 3.

5. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with the people before me. The third option is the way to go.

6. yayforthelgbt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Third option ^-^

7. JREChi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for you feedback and you folks are right. :frowning2:
    I just know he's unhappy w/ his marriage so I don't know if I'm his escape or if I'm something more to him.
    Listen to this, last weekend they (he and his wife) went into the city and had a day together (sight seeing), he got a hotel room for them and tried to make it romantic and she wouldmt sleep w/ him. I know she doesn't owe it to him but he tried to do the right thing and spend more time w/ her, which is her biggest complaint, and she won't have sex, she said she was tired, which she could have been so......
    I do find it kinda odd that he tells me this stuff, but he says that he feels so close to me and can tell me anything, plus I know they kind of stuff's going to happen so I'm not too jealous.
    I really do like him and let's be honest if I gave him an ultimatum he would choose his family, which is the right thing to do.
    I don't know, it's a crappy situation and I just want him to be happy, and I know he's not happy now except when he's w/ me, or that what he tells me at least.
    Anyone else out there have this kind of situation? What was the result?

#7 JREChi, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  8. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

Option three, naturally. I'm surprised you even mentioned 2 other options... Maybe because it's not you who's being cheated on.

9. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, so you ask the question, you get 100% of the responses telling you to let him go... and you're back trying to argue and beg for someone to tell you something else.

Here's the short answer: There is one right answer that is ethically and morally correct. You know what that answer is. Either take it, or blow off all of the advice you asked for and received and do what you wanted to do in the first place if that's what you want to do.

But don't try and justify and get people to agree with you, because it's pretty clear what the consensus is, and what the right answer is.

Here's one piece of icing on the cake: Someone who is wiling to cheat on his spouse with you... if you do blow off everyone's advice and pursue something with him, there's nothing to stop him from cheating on you down the road. And then you'll get the opportunity to feel exactly what his wife will feel like when she finds out what you are doing with him.

10. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry JREChi, but I have to go with option 3. I remember as a kid, how much it hurt when my Dad cheated on my Mom 3 times and also my friend is a child of divorce. I don't want any child to feel that. So break the romantic side up, you can still be his friend. If they do divorce, not down to you support him through it. If they don't, help him to rebuild his relationship with his family.

11. JREChi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He said he wants to come over this Friday night, I will talk to him then. Thanks for the replies.

12. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Having an affair with a married person is like being in another closet. You have to hide it and can't talk about it with anyone because when you do the change of getting busted increases significantly; it'll distance you from friends and family. Moreover, the longer you keep it going the more difficult it becomes to end it. In short, this is another option 3 vote, this time from someone with personal experience on that matter.

13. mlansing

Steve's a coward. Option 3, and then find a guy who is available.

14. rdbrook23

rdbrook23 Guest

I hope this reply doesnt cause alot of negative feedback, but Im going to dissagree with everyone else.

What is gong on with you needs to be about you. It is not your marriage, and if he wants to cheat on his wife he will do it with you or someone else. Especially sense he obvioulsy cant seem to get it at home!

My concern for this is You. You sound so happy that you have someone important in your life, but you cant share it with anyone. If this works for you then great, but if you hate it because he cant take you to a fancy hotel, or the movies, or home for the holidays, then he is holding you back! You deserve to be treated that way if thats what you want!

I say as long as you are happy thats what really matters! :thumbsup: but if your not, I say move on and find someone who will give you the real life your seeking! (*hug*)

15. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So integrity doesn't matter, harming others isn't important, and starting a relationship with someone who is already cheating and is therefore likely to cheat on you makes sense? OK, then.

It is the culture of "all that matters is that I'm happy" that has the world so impossibly fucked up.

16. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

Don't forget about the three kids. Two of them have already lost a father in one way or another. This little secret will inevitably cause more and more problems in that couple's marriage, whether it is found out about or not. And guess who will suffer because of it? Yes, the kids. Quarrels and yelling, maybe separation again etc. Would you still have the same opinion if it was YOUR father who was cheating? Or YOUR stepfather?

Look at this fucking world and where it's headed because of people who never think about the consequences of their actions. Let's say someone killed your family, because it made him happy. By your logic that's perfectly okay. You even KNEW that your opinion would cause negative feedback, because even YOU feel that it's not right.

So by the power of the Force: "You want to go home and rethink your life."

#16 HunGuy, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2015
  17. Foz

Foz Guest

THIS ISNT A BLOODY TEENAGE SLEEPOVER!! This is a married man with a family, who has a wife with 2 previous kids, they've already seen one man leave their lives, why would you want to make it 2?

18. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From what you have written, it doesn't seem like you're the reason he's having an affair. He seems to be having an affair because he's unhappy in his current life situation. You're just something to spice things up, a way to escape reality. Your relationship does not know the hardship of everyday life.

Aren't you the least bit worried about how quick he was to jump in bed with you? Again, it does suggest that the reason he slept with you isn't you.

There's no future for you two. You're just hurting people's feelings.

Another vote on 3.

19. rdbrook23

rdbrook23 Guest

I just want to point out a few things, :eusa_naug

1) I never said I thought what was going on was the best option, but lets not forget noone knows whats going on in his life or his marriage. Assuming you know what is best for someone else is what most of our friends and families have tried to do to us. Thats why we are here!

2)I can appriciate that you folks might not agree with my opinion, but attacking me because my views are a bit different than yours... not very in tune with what this site is all about.... :tears:

3) As a married man...(SHOCKING IM SURE!!!) I can tell you that marriage is much more complex than it seems from the outside and that no 2 are the same. I know what its like to battle your heart and soul and mind to make the right choices, sometimes they dont always agree and you have to do what works for you. He has strong feelings for another man, but he also made a commitment to someone else and those children. Im sure he is trying to do what best for all of them and still be true to himself at the same time! Just because he isnt honoring one part of his marrige doesnt make him a bad guy!

20. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

1. "...noone knows whats going on in his life or his marriage." We know only what OP told us here, so that's what we can base our opinions on, like you did in you previous post: "Especially sense he obvioulsy cant seem to get it at home!"
    Don't confuse giving advice after being asked, with forcing certain lifestyles on others. They are not the same. OP and Steve are free to do whatever they want, but OP wanted our opinions on his problem. We chose what we thought was the best option of the three he mentioned.

2. Nobody attacked you, but you seem to be retreating already. Why, I don't now. It's a debate, try to cope with opposition.

3. You're trying to justify Steve's cheating. He broke the trust of his wife (and kids), I'm sure none of them agreed to him fucking another person, or he wouldn't have to hide it.
    You being married is shocking indeed, mostly because of your last sentence. If you don't see why "not honoring part of his marriage" is bad, then just think about how you would feel if your spouse cheated on you.