1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When everybody thinks you are a lesbian...and i constantly doubt myself... :(

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by popcorn, Apr 6, 2015.

1. popcorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Everybody seems to think that I am a lesbian.

I doubt myself a lot with other things and now I am doubting my sexuality too.

Apparently it's because of the way I look at other women. I blush very easily and it looks like i'm being turned on by them... sometimes I am, sometimes i'm not.... sometimes I may meet the same person again and I don't feel anything for them.

It's SOOO confusing and irritating!!!!!

2. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The important thing is to not worry about labels and sexuality. You are attracted to who you are attracted to and it doesn't matter what you are. Just be happy with who you are and don't worry about what other people are labelling you.

I know how you feel because I was never sure of my sexuality and then I just realised that it doesn't matter. Sexuality is fluid. Some people are 100% hetero or homosexual and others are in between. Like who you like and ignore anyone who tries to define you.

3. Queero

Lots of people think I'm a lesbian too.

I don't really care though. Just kind of awkward, y'know. Vesalius is right, just be yourself and don't let other people decide who that is.

4. woahthatsboring

Wow! You too?! Of course it's not a positive thing I know but you're NOT the only one. I actually made a thread about this if you ever wanted to chat more. I feel like I give off that "vibe" a lot as well. I've learned that it's just the way I am-- I have a problem with touching a little too much, but it doesn't mean I'm attracted to them. Just like you have a problem with staring too much-- there's nothing wrong with that either! If you see something aesthetically pleasing, you look. Of course you're gonna be turned on by that it's just when the feelings get deeper is when you start to question. So I know this is rambling, I'm going to break it down.

You look at someone attractive male or female, you happen to stare-- that's normal. I wouldn't question your sexuality over that in less you wanted too of course. At the end of the day, don't let someone "label" what they think you are because you happen to look at someone pretty, everyone does it! Heck, they probably do as well. Hope this helped a little :slight_smile:

5. popcorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well... I tend to just stare at everything... for no reason at all.. my eye contact is pretty bad and so I never know where to look. I have social phobia so that probably explains why...

6. woahthatsboring

Then that's nothing to worry about, maybe you happened to be looking at them. Do you believe that you're not straight? Or do you think they're other clues pointing to it? If so, then you might want to question your sexuality-- only if YOU feel like it. No label that someone else gives you because you happen to stare means nothing.

7. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't exactly give off the vibe that I'm bi/gay either. It's not that I act straight on purpose, it's just who I am. One of the clues that people may think I'm gay is how sassy I am. I'm known for that.

A couple people at work know that I'm basically not straight, and they didn't see it coming.

But people will think many thing about you. Can't let em control you.

8. Queero

I either make so much eye contact that I make people uncomfortable, or I space out and when I come back to Earth, I'm staring directly at someone's crotch. Very awkward.