1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friends suspect that I'm a lesbian...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Plao, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Plao

Well first, I'm still trying figure out my sexuality. I talk about LGBT topics very often and show interest in same-sex couples and some famous people (mostly singers) who happen to be gay. Two of my friends asked out of no where if I was lesbian because I never talk about boys. I also am a super-fan of Lana Del Rey while most of my friends are into boy bands and anime boys (lol, so basically boys). I did some thinking and I realized that I always (or often) talk about how pretty girls are and basically talk all about girls and very few about boys. One of my friends who said she was bi-curious (I don't know if she said it as a joke or not, sometimes she says that her mind was wired differently) noticed my search history. It was filled with searches like "best lesbian movies" or channels on YouTube with gay couples. I didn't really give much thought to it until today. I'm definetely not ready to state anything about my sexuality. I told them that I wasn't lesbian but I didn't say anything about being straight either. I just don't want them to assume anything because I'm not ready yet, for anything. Should I pretend to be attracted to boys like some of my friends are? Or should I take a different approach? How do I get them to not assume anymore? :eusa_doh:

Thank you for reading~ all advice will be appreciated! :help:

2. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It seems to me that you should be upfront about not being completely sure about your sexuality. Tell them you are still trying to figure things out. As for the liking boys thing, don't do anything if you have to force it. Sexual attraction comes naturally. Just try to be yourself if that makes any sense. Hope I helped >.<! Feel free to message me anytime n_n

3. Plao

I'm really nervous about telling them anything about my sexuality. I don't think I want to reveal anything out, not even the fact that I'm 'questioning'. :eusa_doh:

Should I just not say anything? :help:

4. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Go for it hun :slight_smile: If they ask you just say "DON'T QUESTION MEEEE!" with up most authority ahahaha
    p.s. and by go for it I mean to not say anything because at the end of the day your sexuality is YOUR business and YOUR business alone. c:

#4 Winter Maiden, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  5. woahthatsboring

You don't have to tell your friends anything about your sexuality, if they ask or assume- just let them. You don't have to respond to it, they should respect that you have your privacy and you don't want to reveal that type of information in less you know yet. If you had close friends that you could trust, you could tell them what's going on for support. Since discovering your sexuality is new to you, take it slow. Note any attractions you feel for the same and opposite sex and be calm while going through the process. It can be a little nerve wrecking but you'll be okay :slight_smile: good luck.