1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual with fluctuating preferences?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jax12, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've recently settled that I'm bisexual, although a lot of times I still doubt myself. Recently I've realized that I've started to have feelings for a guy that I had sex with a month of two ago. Today he basically told me that he was starting to have feelings for someone else, and I knew what that meant.

There is no doubt that I was disappointed and upset, but not as upset as the girl I broke up with last year. I feel that I'm over it with the guy. Was this even a crush at all? The fact that I'm able to forget about him this easily makes me wonder.

On a separate note, when it comes to dating, there's times when I want to be in a relationship with someone, and times where I feel so glad that I'm not in a relationship with them (happens more often with girls than guys). I also feel scared of being in a relationship with a girl, I wonder why is that?

I feel like I'm trying to hold onto the fact that I can still date girls, when really the interest is nowhere near guys. It's almost like giving myself false hope. Thoughts?

2. JREChi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've had similar situations before. I crushed on someone, only to have it fade after a while, I didn't have sex w/ them, but spent time with them and stuff like that. It's kinda one of those things where I get a new "shinny toy", but after a while I lose interest and move on to the next "shinny toy".
    With the girls situation, I also feel apprehensive around them and tend to be a little distant if I know a girl wants to hook up or likes me. If I know that's not the case I'm fine and treat her like I would any friend. I guess I'm trending away from girls at the moment, but I enjoy straight sex but I have found gay sex a little more passionate and pure raw emotion, kinda hard to describe.