1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homoromantic and Heterosexual????

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Kyro, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Kyro

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, i'm fairly new to this site and had come here for advice. I'm currently questioning myself quite a bit. I'm sure that I can only have romantic feelings for women, the butterflies have never come for the opposite sex. But, i'm questioning my sexuality. I don't know if I like women in a sexual way. When I look at women it's usually a love dovey "ow wow she's so cute" sort of way. And i've never thought of women sexually at all. On the other hand, I do think of men sexually. I've never had feelings or even looked at a guy and thought he was hot. But when I think about "doing things" with men it makes me feel a certain way that thinking about "doing things" with women don't make me feel. I've never had sexual experiences with either but for some reason thinking about sex with women just doesn't turn me on, but men do. Am I homoromantic but heterosexual?? I really hope not because that would be a bitch for relationships....:bang:

2. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Kyro (nice name by the way)! :icon_bigg

I personally think it's too soon to label yourself a homoromantic heterosexual. =) Is it possible that you might be willing to be straight, so that you're not letting yourself think sexually of girls? =) I'm not talking about (constantly consciously) surpressing desires here, it can be very unconscious. It might be that you are bisexual or gay and that you're not thinking about girls sexually, because you're not letting it happen. =)

But that's obviously only one possibility. For instance, I don't get aroused by guys nor girls in real life besides my boyfriend. I didn't think sexually of any gender in real life. You do say that thinking of sex with guys turns you on. If that is genuinely true, then it might indicate that you're either straight/bisexual. =)

3. Kyro

Out Status:
    A few people
    I can see that a possibility, I do have a very religious family but I know that my parents are okay with homosexuality. I think to really figure it out i'll date a woman maybe. I've had a boyfriend in the past but had no feelings what so ever. I do think about sexual acts with women but I don't get turned on but I feel nice and i don't know, like very comforting? It's not a turned on feeling at all though, just like a sense of comfort and love. But I get none of that when thinking of men, it's just straight sexual and to the point, no lovey dovey stuff. I think i'll just have to try asking a girl out to figure out my situation. Thanks for the help. :grin:

4. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad I could help! :icon_bigg

For some people, dating can definitely help, so it's good to do that indeed if you feel it might help. :icon_bigg Might it be, possibly, that you care more about women and that that is the reason as to why you don't get the same feelings as with guys? =) As in, you're not romantically attracted to guys, so sex is more of a plain thing, which means the feelings are different. =)

Anyway, good luck! :icon_bigg