1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Am I?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by DefeatedSigh, Apr 9, 2015.

1. DefeatedSigh

It's time to play "Pin the Label on the Sexually Confused Freak Show."

Since my brain started trying to drown me in hormones, I've been attracted to males. except I'm not. I like the look of a very certain group of males belonging to a particular fetish. If I come across a male not belonging to that fetish, it's a no.

I have desires to form romantic relationships, with these men , as well as perform certain sensual acts (kissing, hugging, cuddling, touching anywhere but the family jewels) but at the mention of intercourse,.again, not interested.

This is failing to mention my occasional, fleeting attraction to females belonging to the same fetish. But those, are weak and far between, so I pretend they don't exist.

All of this being said, I have been told many times by many people that I shouldn't be concerned about figuring things out and bla-bla-bla bullshit. If I don't know what I am, I feel invalid.

No, I AM invalid.

I just want to know what I am. Is that too much to ask?

2. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it possible that you are not sexually attracted to anyone? Like as in you are romantic, but asexual?

I don't think it's abnormal to have a "type" or be attracted to a collection of physical qualities.

3. plesiosaur18

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Everyone experiences sexuality and attraction in a different way. It happens a lot that people are only interested in a specific type or group. In addition to that, the spectrum between sexual and asexual definitely exists, and people can happen to enjoy certain levels of sexuality but not specifically sex. If you feel like you are predominantly attracted to males, I think it's safe to say you're gay. If you want to label yourself further than that, I'd suggest looking into demisexuality and gray-asexuality.

It's also possible there might be something holding you back from sex emotionally or mentally? This can happen when someone experiences some sort of trauma. Or maybe you were raised being told sex was bad and you subconsciously can't get over that? I'm not saying this is what it is, some people just naturally don't want it, but just that this can happen and your own experiences up until now are definitely something to consider.

I understand your desire to want to figure it out. The hard part is that things can be more complicated than the labels we have sometimes. That's why new terms keep being made all the time. But that definitely does not make you invalid.