1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've done it too :(

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ForNarnia, Apr 13, 2015.

1. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The amount of times I've seen people saying 'I'm in love with my straight friend' is insane, and I've always promised myself I wouldn't fall into that trap and here I am.
    I don't know if I'd call it 'in love' because love isn't something I feel very often, but it's a really serious crush at the very least.
    I was really tired (and possibly slightly drunk) and I accidentally started flirting with her, and she was really awkward about it in the morning :frowning2:

She has a boyfriend, she loves him more than life and they are adorable together.

I'm so angry at myself for doing this, because I'm so happy for her being with him, but at the same time, there's a part of me that wishes she wasn't, because maybe I'd be in with a chance.

I feel like a sucky person just for saying that :frowning2:

I doubt that anyone's gonna reply this or even read it, but I need to get it off my chest so I can start trying to get over it.

#1 ForNarnia, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  2. Ortensia

Ortensia Guest

Hey! You're not a sucky person. You're just a human who likes another human, under very unfortunate circumstances. The part of you that wishes she wasn't with him is completely natural and doesn't make you a bad person. If you actively sought to destroy their relationship for your own personal gain, then, yeah, maybe that's bad. But as you said, your flirting was accidental. Don't feel guilty about these feelings you can't help. Crushes on people in happy relationships are the absolute worst ever. Sending you hugs. X