1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I Think I'm Bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by I Am Unicorn, Apr 14, 2015.

1. I Am Unicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello :slight_smile:

To get to the point, I think I'm bisexual. I am a thirteen year old girl and have been questioning for about four - five months. I'm the type of person that needs know things and not being sure of this is driving me crazy, it has been on my mind 24/7 (which really sucks because I already have trouble focusing in school).

I recently went to an all girl sleepover. It was getting hot so all four of us decided to go into the pool. We had all gotten changed and two of the girls were wearing bikini's, while we were swimming I noticed I was (not to be creepy) checking the girls 'top half' out, if you know what I mean.

I have never had a boyfriend, although I have been asked out before. When I'm scrolling through Facebook and pictures of girls come up I will check them out, same goes for boys.

I have an auntie that is lesbian and I would talk to her but she is in a completely different state. None of my friends are gay, bisexual or lesbian so I cant really ask anyone I know for advice.

I obsess over One Direction and think they are attractive, but I dont really 'follow' any female artists, which for some reason makes me doubt being bisexual?

Also, when I first started questioning my sexuality I was hoping I wasn't bisexual. Please note this was when I had a picture in my mind of what I wanted my life to be like when I'm older, that didn't involve being with a female but now I am 100% okay with it.

A couple of months ago my friend asked our 'group' if we were a boy, what girl in our class would we want to date. I said that I couldn't imagine ever liking a girl, this was when I was denying the chance of me possibly being bisexual and I didn't to be put in the position of liking a girl. I feel like I should note that all my life I have always been supportive of LGBT's and have never been homophobic, I simply had this idea of what I wanted my life to be like in the future. So, If I were to out I am scared they would think I'm just seeking attention.

If I am bisexual I wouldn't really mind coming out to my friends, except one. This is where it gets confusing for me.

I am very fond of this girl, and I dont know of it is in a 'like-like' sort of way. When I'm with this girl I am always laughing, we have nearly the exact same interests, we are always sitting together and I feel like I prefer her over my other friends (whom I have known longer). I am only scared of telling her because I wouldn't want to ruin our relationship, she is not against LGBT rights, I just wouldn't want to make things awkward between us.

So to sum up:
    1) Am I bisexual or just over thinking?
    2) Do you think I like this girl? I personally have no idea.

Thank you for taking the time to read this :slight_smile:

2. bigspeakers

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    so I'm 14 and I started questioning my self 2 months ago, so I know how this is messing up your mind (I found my self as a bisexual)..

1. Well, if you want to clear this, just go to check the Kinsey scale (it helped me a lot) and go with your feelings (that's important). You can't never know what would happen. So don't put yourself just in one tray. So be free and go with the flow. And now ask a question from yourself: Do you want to be more with a boy, or more with a girl? If you can't answer to that, I think you could be a bisexual

2. Every time you get unsure, make questions to yourself. It'll help you (example: Do you feel you want to kiss her/have sex or something like that. If you don't feel in that way you're maybe just interested to her because of her personality. If you have those kinda feelings I think you have a crush).
    Good luck! Hopely you find the answer soon! :slight_smile:
    if you want to talk more, feel free to ask. :slight_smile:

3. Ortensia

Ortensia Guest

Hi there. I totally get the frustration over figuring out your sexuality- I too was 13 when I went on my first questioning rampage and I became borderline obsessed with finding the right label. I would advise you to nor worry too much about it, because at the end of the day a label is just a word and it doesn't define you. Don't stress, just try to be open-minded and honest with yourself and it should fall naturally into place when you stop forcing it.

Anyway, my thoughts:

1) you talked about looking at your female friends. The important thing there is how it made you feel- were you attracted to them? Turned on?
    2) can you picture being in a relationship with a girl? Does that image feel natural to you?
    3) not following female artists doesn't mean you aren't bisexual XD
    4) this girl you might fancy, to help you figure it out, think about whether you have a desire to kiss her, touch her etc, rather than just how drawn you are to her personality

Hope that helps :slight_smile: I'd recommend you just try and go with the flow of things as much as possible. X

4. I Am Unicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you so much! I'll do the test right now!

5. Adam Smith

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    People question their sexuality into adulthood. Maybe don't worry about it so much and be open.