1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel guilty about love

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by confusedGirl21, Apr 14, 2015.

1. confusedGirl21

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My best friend and I both have strong romantic feelings for each other, but neither one of us feel completely comfortable being in a relationship because of our religious beliefs. We've kissed each before more than once but after the bliss wears off we both feel gulity since we are both Christian and thus according to the Bible doing that is wrong. So we have no idea what to do. Ik I love her and she loves me but its so hard that we have to deny our feelings for one another what should we do

2. anon991

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm so happy for you guys, I'm in a similar position except I'm a male muslim and im sadly not with anyone right now. Whenever I feel in love and aroused I feel totally fine but as soon as this feeling wears off, i feel really guilty and embarrassed. Honestly, even thought its such a cliched answer, do what you think is right. Just sit down with your friend for a couple of minutes, and just talk about how you guys feel when you're guilty and how you feel when you're feeling in love with ur friend. Just question yourself as to ehich feeling seems more meaningful and make your decision. If this message was no use to you, im really sorry! Hope it works out for you

3. Crunchy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    What I wouldn't give to be in your position.

If you found love, you should hang on to it as tight as you can. It won't be easy to challenge your current beliefs but if your beliefs are asking you to give up love are you sure you want them?

God wants love. The rest of the 'rules' are created by humans to oppress in the name of God. Telling you it's the wrong kind of love is not God, it's society.

Choose love and you choose God.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    This. I could not have phrased it better.
    Jesus preached love and tolerance. Basically, he said "Love thy neighbor" and not much more.
    The rest is largely invented, for political purposes or other. They had perfect relevance (you can still question whether they were just, of course), at the time they were written. Do remember that that is a really long time ago.

If you love each other, then go for it! Please, I implore you, don't let one interpretation of love get in the way of your love. Love is love.