1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I know what I want. But I don't know how to explan it to others.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by zoomgroom, Apr 14, 2015.

1. zoomgroom

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, so I'm 21. Little background information: I've known for many years that I like women, that's a given and it's not changing. It's also been prominent that I switch from a feminine personality to a very masculine one. I suppose I identify with being gender fluid which is fine with me.

So while I've always liked women, and prefered them, I do occasionally find guys attractive. I'm actually in a relationship with a guy right now and it's good.

So here's the issue, most people would just say I'm Bi, but I'm not. I don't feel like that term fits me, and I absolutely hate being called that. I have nothing against anyone that's Bi, it's just not me. When asked, 9 times out of 10 I'll respond that I'm a lesbian. But then people find out about my boyfriend and it's a big ordeal.
    There's an app I found, where you can join similar groups of people and you go do stuff together. I wanted to join one of the lesbian ones, but I'm nervous of what they'll think.
    I always use the example, straight girls know they're straight, but they're curious about girls. I'm like, I know I love ladies, but I'm curious about boys.
    When I do like a guy, it's very few and far between. And thinking of my future, I see myself with a girl.

I guess I'm just looking for opinions and what others think.

2. Ortensia

Ortensia Guest

Hey, I had a boyfriend for the best part of a year after coming out as lesbian, and still identify that way, because the term bisexual has never felt right to me as my interest in guys is so rare and also because I struggle to connect with them physically, and I don't see myself ending up with one in the future. Your label should be whatever makes you most comfortable, and not what other people would say you are.

3. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you say you're a lesbian than you are one. Nobody has any tight to criticize you or invalidate you.

You could use a term like "hetero flexible" or "lesbian but curious" but honestly those will be too complicated in an offline setting.