1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else's confusion with their sexuality affect their mood constantly??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by suchconfusion, Apr 14, 2015.

1. suchconfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey guys :slight_smile: I wouldn't say this is exactly problems with sexual orientation, but it goes hand in hand. I was just wondering, is anyone else affected daily by being unsure about your sexuality? I know, it sounds like a stupid question. I don't know, but I struggle with identifying as anything and I literally spend every day trying to figure myself out. And it isn't making me legitamately medically-diagnosed depressed, but I just feel it affecting me. Too much. Lives don't revolve around sexuality of course and I still enjoy things like seeing freinds, but I'm constantly met with a deep sadness that I can't shake. It won't really hurt me when I'm with friends because it's off my mind, but whenever I'm alone, I feel like I descend into this spiral of depression and I feel a lump in my throat like I'm gonna burst out crying. Am I just making this too big of a thing? Is anyone else really troubled by their sexuality? I don't think the confusion should be affecting me so deeply, but I actually just fucking spiral every day. I don't even know what to do. I just feel so lost.
    I'm sorry, this is kind of ridiculous. This was half me just venting. Can anyone relate? I'm sorry if I offended anyone actually clinically depressed since my issues don't nearly surpass anything others have to deal with. Thanks guys

2. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can not relate to this regarding my sexuality but there was a time when I didn't know whether I was transgender or not. I would spend hours upon hours a day trying to look for answers on the internet trying to compare my experiences to the similar experience of other transgender people. And once I came out to myself as a transwoman was when the gender dysphoria hit me harder than it had before but I took comfort in talking it out with my friends and simply trying to make other people feel better whether it be by complimenting them or by making them laugh. Hun, there is no need to apologize. Just because what you are experiencing may not be as difficult as what other people have gone through and continue to go through does not mean that your suffering is any less valid. Your suffering is very real and you should feel like it doesn't matter. I hope you are able to figure this out sweetie :slight_smile: You are not alone, here in EC that's what we do we demonstrate to one another that we care that we want to help that we want a person who is suffering to feel better about themselves. My name is Diana by the way; feel free to wall me anytime :slight_smile:

3. suchconfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you so much :slight_smile: I really appreciate your comfort, seriously thanks. I feel like it's hitting me hardest now because I recently warded off a boy that liked me, but I realized I was referring to myself as gay instead of being bi. And I'm so deep in the shlitstorm of questioning if I'm full gay, I feel so sad. But I will definantly try to take comfort in my friends.

4. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't mention it sweet heart :slight_smile: It's ok to be confused you're human! You'll figure it out eventually :slight_smile: You may be bisexual with a tendency to be attracted to men more than women or women more than men even if it's ever so slightly. I used to be exclusively attracted to women, but then about my second year of high school I started noticing all the cute guys and their distinctive features (muscles, eyes, faces in general) and I thought "Well damn I think I'm bi" Then later when I came out to myself as a trans woman I noticed my attraction to men was far more sexual than anything but to women it was both sexual and emotional. I'm still trying to figure things out because I believe that the sexuality of an individual is not necessarily set in stone :slight_smile: You do that n_n friends can be your greatest allies <3

5. suchconfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ahhh thank you so much :lol: I feel like what happenned with you is sort of happening with me. I've always liked males, but sophmore year I did a 180 almost only like females. It is so frustrating :bang: the fluctuations. It's nice to know it's pretty common :/

6. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You're welcome (*hug*) Don't be too hard on yourself hun after all why beat yourself up over which sex you are attracted to if it's something you can't control?

7. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, it bothered me because I wanted to know now, and not later. Little did I know that it would take 9 months for me to figure out that I actually like guys.

8. mindthegap

Hi :slight_smile: first of all, it wasn't stupid question at all. And I can relate to what you said. Quetstioning hit me pretty hard and caused me troubles. I had my mind so occupied with questions about my orientation. And it influenced my mood, when I felt better that I am finaly coming to terms with myself I had better day, when I felt really confused I had worse day. Actually these weren't even days, my mood was changing several times a day :lol: And the most stupid thing I did? My questioning started just before my exams at uni and it hit me so hard that I dropped out from uni (well, I hated it anyway and I would drop out even without questioning, maybe just a little later :lol: ). Now everything is much better, I'm not 100% sure and I didn't fully accept myself yet. But what I did, I said tomyself that I am sure I like women and I can imagine myself with woman in any way. I don't know what/if I feel something for men but for know I feel good about being lesbian. I even found a girl on lesbian dating site, we have a lot in common and we should meet sometimes soon so I am pretty excited.
    Anyways, I talked too much, again, what I wanted to say is you're not alone in this and I know what you are talking about when you talk about sexuality affecting your mood. If you have more quetions, just ask, I'll do my best to help :slight_smile:

9. Ashleigh16

I do. A lot. I hate it but right now don't know what else I can do

10. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Right here. I'm already out of the closet but I still get confused and worry a lot.

11. kellynec

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My struggle with sexuality has caused me a great deal of stress and mental disruption, yes. I fucking hate it.

12. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

Oh yeah definitely. I've been struggling and questioning for over a year now so the distress and sadness isn't as bad. But when I first started questioning, it was awful. My least favorite advice is the best advice out there: try to relax, go with the flow, and *try* to not think about it as much. Give yourself some time.

13. 404dotexe

I'm pretty confused myself, when I first come out to myself (a month or two ago) my emotions were all over the place, and considering my emotions were completely flat before (another reason I think I've been repressing my homosexuality).
    Anyway I'm back to normal now, I have more emotions than before I come out to myself, but now they are normal, not crazy.

14. grannysmith

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm actually half crying beceause of the exact thing you are talking about...
    Began to doubt when I was around 12. Im 20 now...

15. Guitarscars2000

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can relate to this 100%, I'm glad to know someone else is feeling what I'm feeling! I'm 14 years old and my head is just a tangle of thoughts, its constantly on my mind, at school or at home. No one knows I am having this confusion so it is really great to talk about it!

My problem is that I'm in a relationship with a boy, but confused about my sexuality and may have mixed up friendship feelings with "Liking" so I'm in a bit of a mess... :/

16. 404dotexe

Me?