1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure if Bisexual...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by derpy face, Apr 15, 2015.

1. derpy face

Hi, so I'm Fudge and a demisexual. I found this out after researching at late hours of the holidays, it was a recent finding. Lately, I've been interested in finding if there are any other parts of my sexuality I don't know about. Since being back at school I've had my thoughts drift away then I realised that I wouldn't mind if I dated a girl. Seem as though I recognise as female/a girl and straight until proven otherwise, this was a bit unusual. To be honest with myself, I was kinda expecting it. I'm not that interested in boys or girls (demisexual:no sexual feelings unless an emotional bond has been formed), but if I had to perform sexual acts with one, it would preferably be the boys/males over the girls/females who aren't as sexually appealing to me(but I still wouldn't mind). And as for romantic acts, I would go for both as long as we had a connection and it was a mutal relationship. The thing is, I find that I'm straight (no crushes, but I view a lot of people as attractive though I don't want to perform romantic or sexual acts with them, well, until I've formed some sort of bond) but if I was approached by a girl I had a bond with and asked to date, I wouldn't mind saying yes. If it was man, I wouldn't mind. If I fancied someone, and they were a girl, I wouldn't mind. The only thing that I care about is if I have an emotional bond/connection with them and it is mutal. I believe I am either bisexual, bi-curious, questioning, straight or just at an experimental phase. I'm not sure which of these I am, you might not either. Hopefully, you could help me find my sexual identify
    ~Fudge
    Extra question: Do you think people can be slightly bisexual? Is that a thing? And if so, is there an official name for it? Sorry for all the questions, bye!
    :slight_smile:

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look here for a few thoughts that might help:
    Am I Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgender?

As you said, some people need an emotional connection first...

some people say they are queer or pan, meaning they fall in love with a person not a gender...

Just take the time you need...

hugs

#2 jay777, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  3. yayforthelgbt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I think a good label for you would be biromantic demisexual (maybe with a preference for guys sexually) :slight_smile: However, you know yourself better than I do. Just keep questioning and you will know eventually.

4. Maxey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree with the person above, Biromantic demisexual sounds like an accurate label, but don't go completely by whack we say. It sounds as if you have a preference for guys, which is completely natural (I'm bi but I have a preference for girls). Look at the Kinsey scale and see where on that you feel you would fall.