1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Thought I Was Bisexual...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MysteriousMadam, Apr 15, 2015.

1. MysteriousMadam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone :slight_smile: how are you all doing?
    I have a bit of a stupid question, here it goes...
    So based on the Kinsey Scale (which I've taken multiple times and have always received the same answer no matter what) and my own personal observations about myself, I came to the conclusion that I'm bisexual, but more on the homosexual side.
    There's this boy in my science class, his name is Noah. He's a sophomore and I'm a freshman. I think he's kind of cute. We were lab partners for a really long time, until recently because our science teacher changed our seats. He's really smart and he's REALLY mature for his age. He cares about things that actually matter. We have the same views on almost everything, except for the fact that he's super liberal and I'm more like "meh" on most politics these days. But we still support and oppose the same things so it works out lol. And he's taller than me so that's a plus :wink:
    I feel really attracted and close to him, and I was thinking of asking him out. I asked my mother for approval and she said no (only did it to be polite and act like I care, I might still do it anyway). The only thing that's really holding me back is the possibility that he might say no and reject me. Which would just be my worst nightmare. But if I were to ask and he said yes, he would be the first boyfriend I ever had...in fact the first person I would have ever dated (!)
    The thing that is kind of confusing me now is that I may not be as bisexual as I thought if I'm so attached to a guy like I am with Noah. I took a lot of pride in being a "Kinsey Scale 4" but now I'm not so sure. I mean, I know bisexuality isn't homosexuality. I can still be attracted to guys. But so strongly like I am at the moment? No girls I like are "beating" him? I don't know :/
    Ah the day in the life of an American female teenager...first world problem at its finest. Yeah I do realize that lol. Any ideas or thoughts though?

2. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Any guys you like are beating him? Sound to me you just have a serious crush on this guy. People say love is blind for a reason, you can't help thinking about your crush all the time and how perfect he is. He might be the hottest thing this season and next season it might be a girl. Don't worry about your sexuality :slight_smile:

3. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say, don't let your label define you. Don't let it stop you from going after someone you clearly have feelings for!

Falling for a guy doesn't invalidate your bisexuality. Your attraction to one gender doesn't make your attraction to other genders any less valid.

As for being rejected: What's worst?
    a) Asking him out and being rejected.
    b) Not asking him out and wondering what could have been.

May the force be with you.