1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning looking for advice :-) ty

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by miss curlywurly, Apr 15, 2015.

1. miss curlywurly

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi I'm 24 and have been questioning my sexuality for quiet some time. The last few months I've been trying to understands the feelings and thoughts thats its possible I'm bi/gay . It worries me that if I am what impact that will have on others around me. I've been in a 9 year relationship and have a child. This is where I'm stuck , if I was how could I let myself have such a long relationship and have a child.

When I was a teen I told my best friend I loved her and wanted to be in a relationship with her. She laughed it of and I was devastated so I blocked out all feelings towards girls. I told myself that the right way of life was to meet a man and start a family. I believe that is wrong and the last 9 years have been a lie.

My partner has said to me on many occasions that he believed I was more into girls. But I was like don't be silly. Over the last few years my feelings towards women has become intense as I'm constantly aware his watching so I take a step back.
    What has made me write this today is that on Monday my partner found out I was on here , when questioned I denied it . I cannot open up and say what I feel deep down i know he knows something isn't right. Why do I find it impossible to decide. I want to but I over think and the outcomes in my head look the worst.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'd say just relax... hope for a good outcome... often we see it much more neg than necessary...

You might think about some counseling, preferably with someone who has experience in lgbt issues. They could help you sort it out a bit, and help you evaluate possibilities.

And there might be support groups or even counseling at lgbt places.

You might have a look at the later in life section.
    There are quite a few people who came out later in life, its not uncommon.

3. Ditz

Being Bi simply means you have the ability to fall in love with either sex. It simply means you can be and are attracted to either sex. It does not however mean that you need to be with both genders to feel satisfied. If you're in a monogamous relationship, whether Straight, Gay or Bi you can live a full and happy life with your parter, husband or wife. So sexuality does not equal promiscuity or cheating on your other half. Of course there are those who have an open relationship and that is their choice.

The question you have to ask yourself, are you in a monogamous relationship or not? Are you happy and in love with your partner or no? If not why not and what can you do to rectify it? Again being Bi does not mean you have to be in relationships with both genders to live a full and happy life.

If you are monogamous, you could always just tell your partner that you're Bi, but found your soul mate in him, so you've made your choice. Unless that is not the case...