1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different levels of attraction?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Ashleigh16, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Ashleigh16

Is it possible to be bi but to be more attracted to one gender than the other? And is it possible for it to fluctuate back and forth so that at times there is very little attraction whatsoever to one gender and at others there is a good bit?

And what about gender? Is it possible to feel that you're one gender most of the time but feel that you're more the other gender sometimes?

And how do you know for sure about any of it?

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yes, most definitely. Bisexuality is hardly a 50/50 thing. As for fluctuations in attractions, that's actually very common in bisexuals.

I'm not too sure about the gender, but I'd imagine it would be similar to sexual fluidity in that things can change.

As for being sure about yourself, it comes with time. It took me 9 months to accept that I was attracted to guys, and I think a couple years down the road I'll learn more about myself, so it comes with time.

3. blackhatguy

Very much so. I've always been on the gay side of bi, but lately I've been on the even gayer side of bi. I still check out girls, but I want a guy.

So yeah, levels of attraction have changed a bit for me, and I don't think the exact nature of the attraction is the same for both genders. Sometimes I'm attracted to my crushes, but in different ways.

4. Ashleigh16

Okay. Thanks. So I'm one step closer to officially saying I'm bi.