1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does this mean? fictional characters?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MarriageVeil, Apr 16, 2015.

1. MarriageVeil

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know that I crush on guys both in real life and in fiction (shows, comics, anime). As for girls, I have lately been feeling some attraction towards fictional females, but for non-fictional ones I hardly feel anything. Does this mean that I am bi or straight? Is romantic/sexual orientation only based on your feelings towards real people?

2. bigspeakers

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well that's hard to tell... I think you just might be straight with biromantical thoughts...
    And to everybody, my English isn't the best...
    Good luck to you! :slight_smile:

3. Ortensia

Ortensia Guest

I can't tell you whether it means that you are bi or straight, only you can know that for certain. I would say, however, that an attraction to female fictional characters in your head does not necessarily mean that you like girls. I would only say it meant you like girls if you could imagine yourself being in a happy relationship with a woman in real life, on both an emotional and physical level. The things that happen purely in our head can be very different to what we would actually like to pursue in real life.

I think the most important advice I can give you, though, is to be open-minded and willing to pursue your attractions freely, without bothering too much about finding an accurate label. Also do not expect the answers to come right away. If you try to be open minded and simply go with what feels most natural to you, hopefully things will slot themselves into place. I would try not to force it, and not to read too deeply into what you're feeling- it will only frustrate you.

Best of luck! X