1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to figure out your sexuality when youre not very sexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Shy95, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Shy95

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So this is making things unclear for me. I rarely get full on crushes on people and im not much of a sexual person. I dont look at someone and think "theyre hot, i'd sleep with them". I spend alot of time in my head, i'm quite introverted and I guess not that "primal". I think im probably gay, but its making things difficult as I dont have very clear indicators. Help? :slight_smile:

2. Lyana

Well, what makes you think you're probably gay? We could start from there and see where it goes.

I guess with you, looking at this from a purely sexual point of view isn't going to lead us anywhere. I never look at someone and think, "I'd sleep with them" either, you know (apart from, well, the person I'm seeing). But I have gotten crushes. Crushes were how I understood my sexuality, so I can see how not really having any would make it harder.

Still, what are your feelings towards women, towards men? Not just sexual, either, but for example, if in the past you've been romantically attracted to them. If you've ever wanted a relationship, what gender was it with? That kind of thing.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well in any relationship, it isn't just about sex. So since you aren't too concerned about sex, just think about what you would do with a guy/girl, such as hanging out, watching a movie, grabbing lunch/dinner, random chats, etc.

Kissing/cuddling: who would you like to do it with?

4. Shy95

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There are many reasons I think I may be gay, but reasons that I doubt too, and I don't want to go in depth about it here because it'll be way too much to read! But I guess i've been questioning for years, something doesn't feel right with guys, it feels forced and very on and off emotionally, I masturbate over the thought of being with a girl, and I like the thought of dating one and think the relationships seem more romantic and like it would "fit" me better. I don't know why but being a guys girlfriend or wife feels weird, I can't explain it. It feels fake, I guess.

Well in the past, if I ever wanted a relationship, the default was that'd be with guys. But when I look at pictures of lesbian couples, it seems nicer, more exciting, less bland. And i've lately been imagining in my head doing romantic things with both guys and girls, and I think girls feels better. This is going to sound weird, and I don't mean to stereotype or bring gender identity into this, but it's like I feel too much of a "guy" on the inside to be with a guy. It's like being straight is being gay! Like, say if you see a really butch woman, and imagine her being romantic with a guy, that odd, unreal feeling you get, that's how I feel thinking of me with a guy. I know that sounds weird, and i'm not bringing gender into this, i'm just trying to demonstrate that mismatch. I wonder if others feel like this. I may post something about that.

And what I just wrote kind of answers Jax12s questions. I guess i'd want to cuddle and kiss with a girl, but still, i'm not sure.

Thank you to you both for answering :slight_smile: