1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbians, did you ever feel like you were too much of a guy to be with a guy?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Shy95, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Shy95

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok, so hear me out. I don't want to offend anyone, and i'm not bringing gender identity into this, i'm just trying to paint a picture of that odd sense of mismatch I get when imagining myself being romantic with a guy. To me, it feels like being straight is being gay. And something feels wrong. Like wearing a dress when you're actually a tomboy. That odd kind of feeling.

Anyone else feel this? I hope I explained it well.

2. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have always felt quite androgynous, both in appearance and emotion, to be honest. I just recalled how the last gf I had said, "maybe the women you were with previously, left you because you were so thin, and did not have enough muscle on you" or words to that effect. Those words hurt quite a lot, and I never felt quite the same about her from then. No, I'm not your 'typical' male, nor do I wish to be. But I think I could be with a woman again, I just hope that whoever she is, she can accept me as I am. But yeah, maybe I'm just not 'masculine' enough for most women. If that's the case, so be it. Maybe I'll find some guy instead. But really, a human being with whom I have things in common, and who has a kind and loving heart, is what I seek. But that's hard to find, it would seem.

#2 Damien, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  3. Emily1

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think it just has to do with which gender expression you're attracted to. Not every couple has one feminine person and one masculine person, whether it's a straight relationship or a gay one. I'm a feminine lesbian and I am attracted to femininity.

4. woahthatsboring

I kind of understand you, yes :slight_smile: if you're asking me personally sometimes I feel a little awkward around guys because I tend to be more sporty than girly and sometimes I feel like when I'm talking to a guy I have to put on a high voice and smile the whole time, I don't mind but still that's just how I feel. With girls, I want to be the dominant one which is the complete opposite from before, I know but just know you're not the only one :slight_smile: it's good you're making comparison like this-- it could be important

5. Broods

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, no. Haha that's the simple answer to your question. I don't feel like a guy, even though I'm by no means a girly girl. I've always played and watched a lot of sports. I prefer jeans and boots to a dress and heels. I actually get along really well with straight guys because we have a lot of the same interests (including women). I'm attracted to women for being women, not because of who I am or how I portray myself... If that makes sense.

6. mischa91

If I understand you right I feel the same way. I'm going to bring gender identity into it because of how I identify; I rarely feel like a girly girl but when I imaging myself in a relationship with a man it doesn't feel like a straight relationship to me, even though it really would be. This Is possibly why I don't do terribly well in relationships, that disconnect with how things are and how I'm feeling them to be.

I hope that makes sense.