1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you fall in love with both genders?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Seagypsy, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Seagypsy

Some people think they can only fall for one gender even if they can fancy both genders sexually. Some of my bisexual friends are like that and I think they are surprised that I now have an emotional attraction to a guy when I have been emotionally drawn to a girl. I'm surprised by their attitude, because surely some bi people can fall for both genders?

For me, it's more about the individual and their personality or looks, not about male or female.

2. PunkRockKitten

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Of course bisexuals can be romantically involved with people of male and female genders. Most bi and pan people I know are capable of romantic attraction to more than one gender. Love is different for everyone so your friends shouldn't assume that attraction works the same way for you as it does for them.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, gender does play a factor in who I'm attracted to, but in the end it would be more about personality and how they make me feel. Just because a guy works out a lot and would be considered attractive in my eyes, if I talk to him and feel nothing then that's that, and I'd probably consider him my friend.

Likewise, just because a girl looks great and has a perfect body, if her personality doesn't match up with mine, then it won't work.

In terms of sexual attraction, I prefer males, since they've always had body types that I've admired and wanted to see in myself, therefore I'm more drawn to their physical appearance.

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I am capable of falling in love with men and women, although I prefer to be with women. For instance, I'm always wearing my rainbow bracelet and earrings in hopes that I'd meet a girl while I'm at work. However, it was a guy who caught my eye and we have been dating for a while now. I will admit that I'm not as open to falling in love with a man as I am willing to fall in love with a woman.

I suppose it's hard for some to understand, but meh. I suppose falling in love with someone is hardly ever expected, regardless of gender.

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Just one thing first, being the first trans person to post here, I see a lot of use of "both genders". Preferably just write 'female and male' or equivalent. No hard feelings or anything, just for next time :slight_smile:

Well, of course you can be able to fall for males and females :slight_smile: . For example, I've mostly been romantically attracted to females, however, I also had a crush on a guy who was protective of me when I was teased as a kid. I have no problem seeing myself in a romantic relationship with a person of any sex or gender.

6. Thirdtimecharm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe u fall in love with the person. Whether they are male Or female is irrelevant to me. It's the inside, ones character, their heart, that's the stuff that matters.