1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating A Trans* Man_ FTM (advice NEEDED)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Seaninator99, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Seaninator99

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, so I recently just got out of a very tricky relationship with another trans man.
    (As I myself identify as a trans guy.) Keep in mind, this is my first relationship and I really didn't know what the f*ck i was doing. (I am approaching 16 by the way)
    We were together about 3 weeks and honestly I felt more alone and unhappy than I had ever felt. This was because, at the time I just felt numb. No emotion at all… This led me to a whole lot of confusion and wonder about my sexuality.
    I am just confused as to whether it was him, or whether it was me and my depression making me feel so emotionless and robotic.
    I suffer from a lot of dysphoria anyway so a lot of negativity often builds up in me.

So to cut to the chase, what happened was I ended up taking him out on a date. I invited him back, we watched movies and cuddled ect. I felt nothing at all… THAT is the worrying thing for me. Before when he identified as female there was no problem with this. Soon as we get together and he is being true to himself and his identity, not a sausage. (NO PUN INTENDED!)

This has gone on far enough as it is, so long story short I am confused. I broke up with him, that's not an issue. I am just very confused as to who I am and just need some guidance on to how to deal with my confusion regarding sexuality. I know this is highly contradictory of me but I miss his personality before he came out. He has lost his… Charm. His sensitivity and funny side. Maybe this is what I "fancied" in him and now it's gone I feel emotionless around him? Any opinions would be much appreciated! Thanks. (Sorry this goes on forever)

#1 Seaninator99, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, it could just be that you're not attracted because he is now accepting and expressing his masculinity. Your profile says that you're straight. So, I'd assume you like girls. When the person you knew as a girl transitions to a boy, it would be natural for you to lose attraction. Some people who are in a relationship can adapt to their partner's change, but some can't. It's not an unnatural thing.

3. Seaninator99

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks dude!! That's really helpful !!