1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual confusion

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by RedLynx, Apr 20, 2015.

1. RedLynx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi!

I'd like to know if anyone has similarities with me or just how to define this. I think I'm bisexual because I can be attracted to both males and females, but not equally. I have a wide range of preferrence for males as long as they're not effeminate. However, with females, I'm attracted to either androgynous or slightly masculine or soft butch, but never with very feminine and straight girls nor very masculine lesbians. On the emotional side, I can have romantic feelings with straight men, bisexual females and lesbians. I never had a relationship with a man, only a one-night stand and that's the last one because I didn't really like it even if I had feelings for him. My past relationships, all romantic and sexual were with bisexual girls and, currently, with my lesbian girlfriend.

Also if there is a certain type of bisexuality that somehow may fit with the description above, at least similar if not exact. I know it's really an individual's preferrence but it's interesting to know to what niche you belong.

2. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree with you, I'd say you were Bisexual. While some Bisexuals do feel attraction equally, the definition of Bisexual only states that you feel attraction to more than one gender, not the proportions in which this attraction manifests. It's perfectly acceptable to have a type or a preference :slight_smile:

You could also say you were Androphillic, perhaps. Or 'attracted to masculinity' would also work fine. :slight_smile:

3. Linthras

Linthras Guest

The only thing all bisexual have in common is being (capable of) being attracted to more than one gender.
    Anything else, which includes preference, frequency or whatever is immaterial.

4. RedLynx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I thought of androphillic too, but sometimes I'm attracted to androgyny. But, anyways, it's still bisexuality. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 21st Apr 2015 at 09:41 AM ----------

I agree! Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

5. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well when it comes to guys I it doesn't really matter if they're effeminate or not. In fact I find them more attractive if they're more sassy/flamboyant. They just gotta look chubby or cute lol.

When it comes to girls, well, I do find myself staring at girls that dress specifically low, purposely showing their breasts. I still imagine romantic dates with them, but of course sexual attraction is not as strong as males.