1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure if I'm gay or bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by LA444, Apr 21, 2015.

1. LA444

Hello, I'm 13, and I've been wondering for a while whether I'm gay, or if I'm bisexual. I've had feelings for both men and women, the feelings for men slightly stronger, but I'm thinking it could go either way from here. My feelings for women were probably slightly stronger a year ago, now it's mostly men. Please help me out!

2. Lyana

Hi LA444 and welcome.

The first thing I want to say to you is don't stress it. I hope you already know that whether you're gay, or bi, or straight, or anything else, that's completely fine. It's also fine if you're questioning and unsure. You're pretty much at the age where that's to be expected. Don't worry if several months from now, you're still not 100% sure -- that will come with time.

Having had feelings for both men and women is a good indicator of bisexuality. Some bisexuals go through "phases" where they're more attracted to one gender. You could be going through that, or you could be gay. No one can know but you. The important thing is that you're open to both possibilities and know both are okay. The only advice I can give you to figure out your orientation is to wait and see how your attractions develop. I'm sure that must sound annoying and frustrating, but I don't think there's a better way.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember being more attracted to females for a while, but when I came to terms with my attractions for guys, my attractions for men became stronger. For females it's still there, which I'm still terrified about... That's the next thing I have to find out. I think it has to do with me not wanting to break the girls heart, because it breaks mine.

4. MrK21

Okay. Not all bisexuals are 50/50 into men and women. Some have a preference for guys and some have a preference for girls.There are some gay men that may like that may like one or two women but still label as gay. Its really however you choose to identify.

5. RedLynx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, LA444. Welcome to EC!

I also went through that phase before but always knew I'm bi. It's completely normal to be confused at first. But overtime you'll know the answers...just be patient. You're still young and you have all the time in the world to know yourself better :slight_smile:

#5 RedLynx, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015