1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Identify as gay

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by oliro, Apr 21, 2015.

1. oliro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey! I am like 85% gay and then there is like 15% of me that likes opposite sex people. I see myself more with my own gender though. If I am homoromantic and bisexual, is it okay if I just identify as gay?

2. guitar

You can identify as whatever you want. Labels are simply a shortcut when explaining your sexuality to others. Like you, I'm probably 80% gay. Kinsey 5 or so. Because I don't feel like explaining the term heteroromantic I just say gay for simplicity.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say I'm more attracted to guys in general, but I just tell people I'm bisexual because realistically speaking I can fall in love with both genders.

It just takes the right one to catch my eye. But identify as whatever you want, because being yourself and living authentically is what everyone wants.

4. Ortensia

Ortensia Guest

Honestly, labels are only there to help us identify in a way that we're confortable with. If you say you're gay, noone can tell you you're identifying incorrectly. It's a personal thing.

And for the record, I'm probably around 90% into girls, 10% into guys, and I still call myself a lesbian. Heck, I even had a boyfriend. But calling myself bisexual doesn't feel right, it feels like a lie, so I don't do it.

Call yourself whatever you feel comfortable calling yourself

5. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only you have control over your label. Everyone's sexuality is unique.