1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the heck am I?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by confusingmyself, Apr 21, 2015.

1. confusingmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi there. Geez this is nerve wracking. I've never really talked to anyone about this. Let's start with a little about myself:

I've always considered myself a "straight girl" - I'm biologically female and I like guys. I'm 20, in college, and have a boyfriend and two older sisters. I like sports and shopping for specific items - like sports equipment :grin: (and some other things, but I can't shop for super long like my mom and sisters can). Ever since I was old enough to have a say, I've worn boys clothes. Basketball shorts, hats, tee shirts, sweatshirts - hell, even my shoes are men's shoes. I played hockey and playground games with the kids in my neighborhood/class growing up. Mostly I like "guy things" but I collect stuffed animals and went to Magic Mike with some of my girl friends, too. I've always been called a tomboy.

But I'm not sure that's the case. I'm jealous of guys because I'm not one of them. It still bothers me, but I've accepted it to some degree, too. I think what I want at this point in my life is to cut my hair, do something about my boobs (cuz damn, I can't even hide them under a baggy tee shirt and sometimes not even a sweatshirt anymore, it sucks so much), and be seen as a guy to strangers. Now if I talk to people, and to my friends and family, I want to be a girl, at least right now. I'm okay with being "Daddy's little girl." So I guess I don't really want to change anything too drastically. More like, test the waters. But at the same time, I know that if I go through with that much and I like it, I'll do more. I'll consider a gender neutral name, I'll continue taking baby steps towards transitioning. How far I'll go, I'm not sure.

Point is, I have no idea what I am. I'm pretty sure I'm not a "straight female" anymore (or that I ever was). I've always been supportive of the LGBT community but I've never really been part of it - or at least, I never considered myself a part of it. I think I do now, but there are so many new "labels" (do you guys have a better word for that?) and I can't figure out what I am. I think maybe gender fluid because I can definitely be girly too, but I'm not sure if it's entirely right because I know I'd rather be a guy, and I feel like I am a lot of the time, but I don't think I'm really transgender either. I want to try to figure out what I am so I have a word for it before I try to explain it to anyone. Can anyone help me out? What term or terms might apply to me? Thank you so much!

2. confusingmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ugh, I just realized I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry guys! Must've misread or misclicked or something.