1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inadequate

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by bearseverywhere, Apr 22, 2015.

1. bearseverywhere

Out Status:
    A few people
    So, there's this girl I know. She's one year younger, and for convenience's sake, her name is Paris. As in, Helen and Paris, from the Trojan war.

She's the complete opposite. And I mean this. She has like 500 followers on Instagram, stunningly beautiful in an odd way, completely sociable and charming. She can turn that charm on and off like a faucet.

Now the problem comes here. I have a crush on her. But she's so high up that if she does see me, its when she needs something or when she needs someone to be vulnerable to, but can't risk ruining her reputation.

She is so popular yet so alone because she can't tell anyone what she's feeling because her reputation's in the line, and I sympathize with her. She makes everyone else, especially me, feel inadequate. She's so bright that everyone else is drowned out and turned to black and white, and unfortunately that includes me.

She finds it amusing to call me stuff like trash and loser, yet I don't go away. And thus stupid crush is still there. Yet I do not know anything about her.

What should I do?

2. nohalos

First of all, if she's down to say that to you, she's not worth it. AT ALL. I mean, don't let yourself become her victim. She's some sort of a siren, and she could destroy you if she wanted. You're worth more than her superficial beauty.

Second, let's say she's not mean at all. But if she's straight, you should run really far away because you don't want to get caught up on something that would end up hurting you anyway.

Crushes are fine, my friend, as long as you don't let them actually crush you. Find someone who may be not as beautiful as her, but more worthy of your attention and your sympathy.

3. Ortensia

Ortensia Guest

You say this girl only ever sees you when she needs something, that she's cruel to you and calls you trash. Don't waste your time on people like that; they'll only damage you. I know you cant control who you crush on, but try not to be blinded by her charm. You deserve better. You deserve someone who makes you feel just as enigmatic and bright as you believe they are, rather than using that to make you feel inadequate and inferior. This sort of infatuation can be self destructive to your character. Please be careful. X

4. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

So what, some 500 random people clicked on a link to see her narcissistic selfies, and she receives shallow praise for her outward beauty. That doesn't mean she's a better person than anyone else. If you are confident in who you are, and kind to people, you are more beautiful inside then she ever will be.

You are in love with the surface of what you see...

If she can say something like that, she has a dark spot on her soul, and isn't beautiful or perfect in anyway.

Come back to reality and see her without the rose colored glasses.

5. bearseverywhere

Out Status:
    A few people
    Paris- well, she does have her cruel moments, and she has a very mercurial nature. As in, she is extremely fun to be around, what with her constant puns and stupid remarks, but sometimes it's quite disheartening. Thank you for your reply! I'll try to develop resistance! (!)