1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight but questioning, advice please?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by tRex37, Apr 23, 2015.

1. tRex37

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    As a young child, I remember feeling strongly attracted to women (girls) upon hitting puberty and growing up through the early stages of my adolescent life. However, I did experience some bi-curiosity too, as most teenagers do. By the time I was in high school I determined I was straight, but I still question myself about my sexuality at times because I've only had 1 girlfriend and I'm still single. I feel as if I can only feel sexually attracted to a girl if I have deep romantic feelings for the person and strong emotional attachment to them. I'm almost certain I'm not gay, because I really don't feel attracted to men and the thought of having sex with another man is gross to me. I also feel sexually deprived as a man in my 20's whose still a virgin. While I do like women, I'm not attracted to vag*nas, is that normal? Should I consider seeing a therapist and getting this figured out once and for all? I want to be happy in life and have a healthy relationship with a loving girlfriend/spouse eventually, but at this rate I don't know what to do.

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

any chance you're asexual? maybe asexual and hetero-romantic? that's not a disease, and it is real as any other orientation.

3. tRex37

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks Wildside, I appreciate your feedback. I honestly think it's possible. When I was with my ex girlfriend she was the only person I felt attracted to, which is part of the reason it hurt so bad when she left. I was deeply romantically attracted to her, and I still have nightmares and thoughts from time to time. I'll look into hetero-romantic.

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

and I'm just guessing that Wyoming isn't the easiest place for someone to be themselves, if themselves is not macho straight. that can make it a lot harder to figure out. hetero-romantic just means that you are romantically attracted to the opposite sex (I guess in some way you might say that most straight people would be this too, though I guess they wouldn't use that term). Urban dictionary defines hetero-romantic as "Attracted to the oppostite sex in a romantic way, but not necessarily in a sexual way. Often used by asexuals." but you might want to look into the asexual part a bit more.

5. tRex37

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'll look into it, thanks again for the advice. I might be asexual but if I were then I probably wouldn't have felt sexual attraction to women in the past, so you're probably correct that I lie somewhere in the hetero-romantic region. You're correct about my state, Wyoming is highly conservative, so it's hard for people in the LGBT community to be themselves. Coincidentally, I actually looked up hetero-romantic on Urban Dictionary myself and saw that same definition before you told me.