1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I accept my homosexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by 447, Apr 24, 2015.

1. 447

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have constantly struggled with all of the religious objections to homosexuality. I feel that if these barriers could be properly addressed, I would be much closer to fully becoming who I am. Most of the places where I've gone to discuss this have shown me ridicule, and or had an angry response. I don't want an angry anti religious diatribe, I just want someone to help me overcome my barriers. It'd be huge if I could get past this.

Any clear, logical ideas are welcome! :slight_smile:

2. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't believe that everything in the bible should be blindly accepted as fact. I don't reject religion, in fact I believe that faith and loyalty can give you strength. I believe that it is healthiest to live with logic and faith combined as a great force. That being said, the bible was created long ago. The people in that culture at that time wanted to have a book that could guide them, with stories to teach powerful lessons and morals that could create peace. That culture happened to believe that homosexuality was wrong, and so they put it in their book. I think that there are many lessons to be learned from the bible, but that we should interpret everything that is written ourselves. We might not agree with everything that is written. That is not at all disrespectful, it is freedom of thought, which I believe everyone has a right to. I hope that you will find a way to accept yourself completely, without abandoning your faith. I believe that there is strength in both.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Maybe you should consider a pro-gay therapist. It helped me for a while.

4. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know if this will help or not, but this is how I sorta dealt with it:
    I was starting to have more fantasies about being with a girl, and had an equal amount of girl and boy crushes, but tried to push it away, which was working. Then, this girl came, and I really, really, like her. She is the nicest to me, my best friend.It was more than many other crushes. And I figured out I had feelings for her, (and later she told me she did too)
    The whole time I liked her for a few months, I hated myself so much.
    My family always had strict views on how it was wrong, and I hated liking her, so I hated myself for still liking her...
    In the end, I started accepting it.
    Because its love, why should there be anything wrong with love? It took two years for me to accept myself, and when I did, it ended most of the hate, and I was very happy. With the support of a friend and this girl, I got through it and am very happy right now.
    I think just finding people to support you and respect your decision to be who you are, and accepting it yourself helps.
    Why IS homosexuality wrong?
    Thinking about that, I couldn't find any valid reasons, religious or not, because love is love <3
    Hehe I realized I just spilled my whole story to someone I don't even know, and it was probably unneccesary...sorry
    Hope I somehow was helpful...

5. bi2me

When I believe in G-d (I'm kind of agnostic, but a practicing Jew) I find it hard to believe that G-d would create people who love in inappropriate ways. Consensual relationships (adults and however many people are included in the relationships), if they come from places of love can't be wrong to me.