1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone ever REALLY be sure of their sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Shy95, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Shy95

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ^ That is all :slight_smile:

2. QuecksilverEyes

I think that you can be sure of your sexuality one day and questioning the next. Sexuality is a spectrum and I don't think that anybody is just on one side of it so insecurities are rather normal. So I'd say it's a mix. I label myself 'bisexual', some days I wonder if I'm straight, others if I'm gay, but most of the time I'm entirely comfortable with calling myself bisexual. (This could have something to do with my sexuality though :slight_smile: )
    That's just my opinion and I'm not flawless, so this could be complete rubbish xD

3. ellyy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes, just like can be sure of other things about yourself, it is very possible. I don't understand anyone who says otherwise because many (if not most) people are very sure of their sexuality.

4. Im Hazel

I don't know about myself. I am always questioning myself (and about my gender identity), but I am certain that both are correct.

5. sappho06

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've never been jn a relationship, but I'm hoping I'll be absolutely sure once I've found the perfect girl. Actually, I'm so very comfortabl identifying as gay :slight_smile:

6. C P

C P

With how many people go through so many lengths/attempts to be straight, to no avail, yes, it's very possible for many people to be sure of their sexuality, even if they don't want to be.

7. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like QueckSilverEyes, my attractions fluctuate as well which is something I'm not a fan of. On any given day I'd say I'm more attracted to guys, but when the guys that are attractive in my eyes aren't there, my eyes turn towards girls. Odd, lol.

I wonder if I'm straight or gay a lot, and sometimes I'll just say fuck it I don't care, I like guys and girls in different ways, and there's still years ahead of me to figure out my sexuality.

I don't want to be bi, I want to be gay. Straight seems too mainstream, and too much work in my eyes.

8. Malkai

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think it depends on the person. Some people are very sure of their sexuality, others not so much. Sometimes when you think you have it all figured out, something happens that makes you question everything all over again.

9. BudderMC

Sexuality is fluid, that's a fairly well-established fact, even though the fluidity might seem nonexistent in some people (myself included).

Can you be "sure" of your sexuality? Depends on how you define it, I guess. You can have a solid understanding of what your typical attractions are. But if you're open to experience, then it doesn't matter too much how "sure" you are. :slight_smile:

10. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are people who are completely sure.

Unfortunately, I'm not one of them, confusion kills...

11. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it is possible for people to be aware of their sexuality, how ever I think in some cases, sexuality is a fluid thing and it can change throughout your life. I also believe that you're born with your sexuality, but a few people do it by choice

12. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It depends in what sense I guess. I'm not sure anyone can really be sure 100% of all the intricate details of their sexuality (like what they prefer, what turns them on), but as to the overall thing, like what gender they're attracted to, yes they can be sure.

13. Drednaught

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you can definitely be sure of your sexuality if you had multiple experiences. You could probably deduce what you like, and what you don't like. Although that doesn't mean you will know 100%, you can certainly find out a lot from those experiences. (probably enough to know your sexuality with some certainty)

14. fragileflame

Yes, I know for a fact that you can be sure of your sexuality. I am very sure of my sexuality, like the coming out song by Ally Hills "Don't say that their confused, because I'm gay myself and I'm very sure"

15. Oh Lilac

I'm sure some can, but many, like myself, are not sure.