1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do. Situation with a friend.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TCal4, Apr 25, 2015.

1. TCal4

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I met my friend Kevin in 2011, he was visiting one of my friends and we hung out. Immediatly we hit it off and became good friends. He even moved to where I live from across the country (not for me) and I was stoked that he was moving there because it already felt and seemed we had been friends for life. At this time in my life I had had sexual encounters with guys, but still was not accepting of my orientation and everyone still thought i was straight.
    After he moved we became VERY close, spending days at a time together. Texting all the time, we would hang out and we had the same hobbies. I would take him to work events, we were basically like a couple. Except that we were both "straight". During this time i was dating a girl long distance, and he started dating her best friend since we were so close.
    We never did anything sexual really, nothing as far as cuddling and doing couple like stuff. He would always tell me he loves me, but it wasn't in a friend way. It was like I LOVE you.
    I broke up with my girlfriend and he stayed dating his. We maintained our friendship, but after she moved in with him. We didn't hang as much. After I broke up with my girlfriend, I realized that I was Bisexual and that I was in love with my friend.
    We stayed friends, it got rocky because i was dealing with the relationship we had, and my feelings for him. Luckily it helped me come out to all of my other friends, but i found it hard to tell him. He didn't "know" i was interested in men when we were close.
    A few months ago, he broke up with his girlfriend. He practically immediately started hanging out more. We spent christmas eve and christmas together. Our friendship has been much better, not quiet what it used to be still, but he's been more present in my life. And Im happy about it. I also don't forget hows he's been a big asshole at times, but if a friendship can last thru it like it did its worth something.
    Almost done with the story then to ask for advice.
    So the other day we were at a bar talking and he asked me if I'm dating any girls right now and i told him no I'm dating more men currently. He laughed it off and thought i was joking until i was like no seriously. He then proceeded to be very cool with it and then told me that he too is BISEXUAL. I kind of sensed it of course, but to hear him say it was not something i expected. He told me he was in one relationship, he's not been with a guy that he's really liked too much but he's always messed around sexually with guys. It was really well, he said i was one of the only people to know. And we talked a lot about it. We've hung out more since but haven't talked about it or our previous relationship or my feelings. My advice i seek is should tell him about my feelings for him? Will it freak him out? Shouldn't he already know my feelings? is he still in denial about it even though he made his first step? Should i get involved? I truly love this man, and have felt love for him. But don't know if its worth possibly jeopardizing our friendship. Advice would be appreciated!