1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this just my age?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Reciprocal, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 13 years old and I know for fairly certain that I am mostly sexually attracted to women.

However, I can't see myself married or in a relationship with someone of any gender. Also, I find it slightly disgusting when I see couples (of any orientation) kissing and hugging, and I don't want to partake in anything like that. I just don't like the thought of doing any of that, or people, even if I find them really attractive, doing that to me. It's just weird.

I can imagine myself in the future having sex :icon_redf and I have these sorts of thoughts and attractions. When I think about someone I have a crush on, I think about having sex with them, and get put off by all soppy romantic stuff.

My first thought was that this is just my age and I'll grow out of it. After all, only a year ago I found sex really gross and swore I would never do it in my life, and now I like the idea of it :icon_redf :lol: Will the same happen with romance? I ask because most of my friends say that they had romantic attraction long before sexual attraction, or don't notice any difference between the two.

Thanks,
    Reciprocal :slight_smile:

2. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

I had physical attraction long before I had emotional or romantic attraction, so I don't believe you are abnormal or anything. I knew I was physically attracted to girls by 10/11 and guys at 11/12. Didn't start crushing on anyone until 15/16. That gap year 13/14 was me growing 11 inches taller. Painful and lonely.

I also remember being put off by public displays of affection. All the kissing, and hugging, and necking. Well, until I had a girl that loved to be hugged by me when our last class was done and we were hanging until we needed to get going (we drove.)

So, you're tastes and boundaries are likely to develop as you yourself grow and mature.

3. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Totally agree with kindy14 :slight_smile: I was exactly the same.

However, there is the chance that you may be Aromantic, if you feel sexual attraction but not romantic attraction. This might not be the case, however, it might just be that you don't have the desire to be in a relationship right now :slight_smile: Hope this helps

4. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for your thoughts people. I suppose only time will tell. :slight_smile:

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

It's not a bad thing. Everyone develops differently and has different opinions.

6. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi Reciprocal! First of all, if anything you're mature for your age for dealing with all of this already! :slight_smile:
    And I'm the third out of three here that will say sex came before romance ^^ Actually, very many say they find 'soppy romantic stuff' bothersome until they're in a relationship, hormones bursting out of every endocrinal vein thingy ^^ I mean, if you're crushing on someone and they crush back, then perhaps you'll find you want to cuddle/kiss/whatever 24/7 or maybe you won't. I don't think one can know for sure until one's there.
    Hope that helps, xoxo