1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Please!!!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by coffeethinker, Apr 27, 2015.

1. coffeethinker

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello Everyone,

There is not an easy way to say this, but ever since I was 18, I have been questioning my sexual orientation. I must admit that I am sexually attractive to men, and want to experience it, but I have been in conflict with myself in that very idea. I've tried many ways of seeing if I really was Gay, and these attempts have ranged from dating sites to apps, but as of late, I have become disillusioned. After seeing how so many look more for physical beauty and their utter shallowness, I began to question whether this is the path I want to take. I come from a restrictive and close knit culture, and in all honesty, I've always wanted a wife with children. I've seen what happens to a LGBT person in my culture, and I feel as if that for me personally, it is something that frightens me to my very core. I am not sure what to do. Am I really gay, or perhaps it is a phase.

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, sometimes you gotta experience it yourself to figure it out. However, it took me a while to get to that point. It took me 9 months to get to this point, to accept my attractions as a part of me. You'll find true happiness when you're okay with who you are, regardless of your orientation.

The most important thing is time. Allow yourself to explore these attractions, and when you're ready, begin using those dating apps like you've mentioned. And speaking of attractions, where do they stand with guys and girls?