1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual Androgyny

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Seagypsy, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Seagypsy

I've finally realised why some of my bisexual friends seem to change between liking men one day/week and then women the next, whereas my attractions are more stable... It's becuase my bisexuality is androgynous. I've just seen an old thread on here which describes Androgynius gender as "staying the same but always sits in between masculine and feminine". Well I wouldn't describe my gender like that but that is my sexual orientation. So if I fancy/love someone, I always fancy/love them 100% whether they are a guy or a girl, and I could have an ongoing relationship with them, becaus they have the right blend of male and female in one person. Of course I would still fancy other people but only other androgynous people, for example I could love a boyfriend and a grilfriend at the same time and not feel they were each other's rivals. Now I just gotta convince my potential girl and boy friend.....They seem to think I might chuck them for the other.... :rolle:

2. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I consider the term androgynous to be more of a description of one's appearance more than their actual gender, meaning that someone who is androgynous could still identify as a woman or a man. So I don't think having a preference for people who are androgynous makes you any less bisexual, it's just simply a preference.

3. Seagypsy

I agree it doesn't make me any less bisexual, which Im fine with. It can be much deeper than just appearance or how you dress though, it can be more biological or psychological for many people who identify as Androgynius. When I like someone who appears androgynous, I go for things like long hair in a man, short hair in a woman,a body which is smooth and contoured. I.e, no big muscles or curves, and personality traits which can be either/or like a soft voice, facial expressions and mannerisms etc. I see androgyny in others as something innate rather than how they present themselves, and I love it! :icon_bigg

4. Seagypsy

In fact, I probably should consider myself to be an Androgyne. It's just societal roles which make me say I'm female.

5. Seagypsy

I mean, I don't feel I should really be a male, but I don't really fit in some ways with most women either. I feel more like a person first and a woman second. I'm a woman because God made me female but I don't really embrace being female. I don't wear much makeup and my breasts are too big for my liking. I just wish that the people I'm attracted to realised that I like men because i like women, and i like women because I like men... because they have the traits of each other.

6. Seagypsy

I just wonder if I'm really meant to be more gay than I realise.... for example, having Zero attraction to most men is because they're too masculine for me, but I do TRY to like them or did when I was younger... it just never works!

As for having zero attraction to most women, I think it's because they're too feminine but is that just because I know they're female and I perceive them as straight and totally forbidden in my mind...?!

Liking guys who are a bit feminine is like being able to enjoy female characteristics but under-cover, and when I see a girl who is very androgynous, I might fancy her alot before realising she's a girl, then I have a shock when I find out!!

So my question to myself is, this Androgyny-attraction thing, is it really just about me suppressing my attraction to women and allowing myself to experience it in an undercover way.....????? :confused::rolle: