1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never felt comfortable with women...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by shan35, Apr 28, 2015.

1. shan35

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ever since I was little, I never felt comfortable with women, and was always more comfortable with men. By my teens, I thought this would be a phase, but here at 22 years old, I still feel the same way. The question for me is if I am truly gay, wouldn't the sexuality part of myself be more known especially at 22 since I do already feel more comfortable with men rather than women.

2. being comfortable with one gender over another does not determine your sexuality. what does determine it is the object of your sexual interests. you can be very nervous and uncomfortable around women and still be very sexually attracted to them and turned on by them. you can be very comfortable around men and feel "at home" but your genitalia does not respond in a sexual stimulated way to the thought of men. so the answer lies in you and not your comfort zone. if you have not had any sexual experience to know, that's fine and not unusual. everyone blossoms in their own time, but you do not need to do the "act" to know what you desire. your desires are there but your denial or avoidance may "cloud" them from being present. but at 22, you know what makes your body react.

3. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Honestly man, try to date or experiment with both sexes because your emotions with one or the other will reflect your orientation. It is unclear from your post whether you have any experience but until you do, you shouldn't judge yourself. Sexuality is very complex without some experience for most people.
    Although I identify as bisexual, I'm more sexually comfortable with men and associate with men outside of sex much better because my orientation tips towards men. You may just have insecurities that prevent you from being comfortable with woman. These guys may be an attraction or just a deep emotional bond that feels romantic but is not sexual. You may even have biromantic tendencies.
    Hoped I helped and I wish you the best anyhow(*hug*)

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

If you're gay, you're gay. Though it depends what you mean by uncomfortable; I would say you're definitely gay if you mean in a sexual aspect.

I don't agree that you need to experiment to know, most of us already internally know who we are, so please don't feel like you need to do something (that might make things worse for you) to help you.