1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and crushing

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by anon195, Apr 29, 2015.

1. anon195

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi there. I'm sure other people have been in this situation before, so I'm hoping to hear what you all have to say about it! I'm really new here and am starting to question because of crushes I've had on girls in the past.

Now, I have a crush on a girl who I met a little over a year ago (we're on the same sports team), and I felt like I had a crush then, but I wouldn't admit it to myself. Now that I'm starting to accept that a little bit, I realize I still really like this girl, but when I first thought I liked her, I wanted to deny it so much that I acted like I didn't like her at all.

Also, she's never said anything about not being straight, but she hasn't dated much, that I know of, so I really know nothing about whether she is interested in girls or not. So I'm wondering, have I ruined any chances of even being friends with this person? The thought of liking another girl was so scary to me at first that I wanted to do the exact opposite, but now I just would like to be friends at least, but I don't know what to do. Thoughts from people with more experience here?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well I'd say its never too late to be friendly...
    you might open up a bit to her, talk a bit with her, see what you have in common...
    it should be quite easy to find something to talk about... maybe a comment on some nice clothing of hers...
    you could talk a bit, maybe go somewhere together sometime... like having an ice...
    you could take it slow and see where it takes you...

hugs

3. sappho06

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can also relate for the crush on the girl in the sports team :grin: You haven't said much about, does she seem open to dating girls? Does she talk about crushes and stuff? (Surely you listen to some of her conversations, unless I'm the only stalked here :grin: ) Does she seem to check out some of your team mates? Does she act uninterested when the boys are training? You can try picking up on some of that.

Now, you said you just want to be friends with her. What sport do you do? The great thing if it's some team sport is that you can find a way to be on her team, or practice together. You shoukd just go for it and start a concersation during the warm up or after training. :slight_smile: Go girl!

4. bi2me