1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally figured out my orientation and so happy :)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by waternation, Apr 30, 2015.

1. waternation

waternation Guest

Hi again :smilewave I made a post a little while ago because I was really confused about being possibly bi or lesbian after coming out of a long term relationship. Well, I think I finally figured it out and it was so obvious :eusa_doh: The guys that I'm attracted to are pretty feminine (there aren't many of those where I live because it's pretty rural and... farm-y :rolle: so these are mostly celebrities or guys in the city) and the girls that I'm attracted to are pretty feminine too; I'm not really attracted to overly 'masculine' girls at all. Kissing, intimacy etc. is pretty gross and weird to me unless I'm attracted to a person A LOT (I mean more personality-wise) so this is why I think I thought I might have been lesbian, because I am not attracted to the usual 'masculine' man.

But then it kind of hit me... It felt wrong to label as 'lesbian' and deny that I was really attracted to some feminine men, and only to girls when there were times that I wasn't, so maybe I had to be bisexual but... attracted to femininity :icon_bigg It finally made sense, and seemed so obvious now that I think back on it. What do you guys think? Is this valid, or do bisexual's like masculinity and femininity both (I hope not, otherwise I am lost again, but at least know what I'm attracted to :icon_wink) Do any other bisexuals have these preferences of femininity over masculinity or vice versa?? (*hug*)

2. Yami

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congratulations on finding out, it can really be a struggle!
    Yes, bisexuals can be attracted to one type of people from both genders, it's that you like both genders that make you bisexual :slight_smile:

3. Seagypsy

You sound like me, although I do like more androgynous girls but not butch girls or butch guys. I find the girls I like have subtle boyish traits but you might like them totally femme. Either way it's fine :slight_smile:

4. waternation

waternation Guest

Oh, thanks for letting me know that Yami(*hug*) Yay, I now know what I am! And Seagypsy I do like andro/tomboyish girls a lot too (I think that's what I am (. .)), to me they are still pretty femme I guess, but not attracted to 'butch' girls or (definitely) not 'macho' guys at all :icon_sad:. I think it's mostly just the soft/feminine personality which I'm attracted to, and features. Maybe my ideal masculine beauty is just really different from Western society ideals, so that had me confused a whoooole bunch and had me think that I just liked girls or just liked the 'girl features/attributes' about them. Nope, I just have a type of person :rolle:frowning2:*hug*)

5. mindthegap

Yay, I remember writing on your previous thread, it was just a while ago. You got through this pretty fast and I am realy happy for you! (*hug*) And yes, I think it is perfectly fine to like the same type from both genders. Gender differs, it doesn't matter what your type is :slight_smile:

6. waternation

waternation Guest

Thank you mindthegap! (*hug*) It is something that I had been thinking about a lot before posting on EC's so it's really been a long time in all trying to work it out :eusa_doh: Especially why I had such a strong preference for girls but occasionally liked some guys almost as much attraction-wise, too much to identify as 'lesbian' :rolle:

7. candyjiru

I definitely identify with you about the femininity~ no matter the gender, I almost always lean towards feminine or androgynous people~ (Although, there are a couple buff people who have caught my fancy, haha) I'm glad you were able to figure everything out... it can be really tough, but once you do, it's like a whole new world is opened up to you~~ (*hug*)

8. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I know a few girls that are only attracted to feminine people. They are still bi so there is nothing to worry about.

9. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
  10. eburian

You totally sound like me. Butch lesbians really don't attract me. I've come to learn I'm attracted to a mix of qualities: if it's a girl: feminine but also with a twist of kinda a masculine edge aka kinda dominant. for both: big personalities/ at least ambitious and goal oriented. I'm still physically attracted to guys.. not as much as girl.. but still curious about it.. and can't really call myself gay anymore.. my only challenge is getting my parents to see my identity the way I see it :grin:

11. Seagypsy

Same as me :slight_smile: xx(*hug*) is