1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

questioning

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Ace5714, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Ace5714

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey everyone, I'm a 15 year old, 16 in June. I've been recently thinking a lot about my sexual orientation and I'm really confused. I think I'm gay but I'm not sure. I've known I've liked guys for about 3 or so years. I don't find any urge to do anything sexually towards a girl but i think they're physically attractive. With guys, it's both. I know I'm still young but it's just frustrating. I'm not out to anyone and kind of scared to tell others. I fear that others will look at me different and although people say they'll accept you, they'll still look and treat me differently. It's hard even writing this but someone told me to try to talk to others, hope for some feed back. Thank you.

2. nohalos

Keep in mind that those people who will look at and treat you differently deserve absolutely no attention from you. As hard as it might be for you to accept yourself, you're gonna need people who are actually worth your time and will be supporting you in every step you take towards your own acceptance.

In my opinion, you don't have to tell others, really. If you have a GSA in your school, maybe you can talk to them discreetly, ask them for guidance and support? They can also be a way for you to find people whom you'd want to hang out with and help you figure out what your feelings truly are. Also, a school counselor might be a great idea to talk to.