1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do asexuals ever get tired of...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Matto_Corvo, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello my fellow asexuals, and any form of asexual peeps that look in...
    Made this thread to rant, and if you would like to put a rant in here then go on right a head.

Was chilling with my aunt(s) and cousin at my nephew's ball game. As usual of them they were going on about how I needed to find a man, get laid, get married, etc etc. I'm sure we all been there. Of course this time they put on "or a girl if you into that sort of thing." because apart of me questioning my gender identity is me experimenting with my gender expression, so in their mind I was dressed like a tomboy lesbian.
    Back to the main point, I am getting real tired of them trying to force me into relationships. I haven't told them because 1) I don't see it as a big deal and 2) they wouldn't really understand.
    But why the hell does everything have to about finding a relationship? Do I want a romantic relationship? yes, but not right now. Do I want a sexual relationship, hell no. And why do people assume that having a relationship will make my life better? Hell my brother has been in several relationships and so far that has landed him with one bastard and a whole ass load of problems with the baby mama. If/When I want a relationship I will join a dating site or something. I don't need people pushing me towards a cute guy that passes, or an aunt who ask the vet tech if he had a girlfriend because I happen to mention he was attractive (which was actually me thinking I really wish I could wear his outfit), or an uncle who has his cousin add me on facebook and then ask me out. How many times do I have to tell people that I don't want to date for them to get that I DO NOT FUCKING WANT TO DATE.
    My god, you'd think it be easy to understand.

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I'm not asexual (I think??) but I get tired of it too. Why everything has to revolve around romance and sex, I'll never know.

3. TheStormInside

I'm not asexual, but for awhile I thought I was, partly because I had zero interest in dating. So I understand your frustration. After awhile people stopped asking me about it, for the most part, as it's become normal I think that I'm single. When they do ask I just tell them "No, but I have a lot of good friends" or "No, I just have a lot going on with work" and that tends to shift the conversation to those topics instead of the dreaded relationship questions.

4. vattenkanna

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I do not identify myself as asexual but I haven't been in a relationship which some people think is weird. And I can really get annoyed that people always are assuming you are interested in someone just talking to a human being of the opposite sex. It does it really awkward to hang out with this person when everyone thinks you are together and you aren't really interested at all...

5. AceCase

Out Status:
    Some people
    MY FELLOW ACE!! I know your pain, I am asexual as well as aromantic and all the people around me seem to care about is relationships and getting laid.