1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning sexual and romantic orientation without experience?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by still ill, Apr 30, 2015.

1. still ill

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey everybody, I hope you're enjoying your day.

I've had a really hard time coming out to myself in the past (it took about 3 years to fully accept myself) but I find that I am very sexually attracted to women but daydream more about being in a romantic relationship with a guy. This doesn't mean that I don't feel emotionally/romantically connected with women, I have just never been with one. I also always see same-sex couples all over and would love to have what they have but with a lack of experience, romantically and sexually I find it all hard to comprehend. I've had one boyfriend in the past who I felt romantically attracted to and somewhat sexually attracted to, but not the same way as I see women as a sexual figure. The only thing I know 100% is that I am not straight because the label feels incorrect and doesn't define me whatsoever.

I really hope someone could give me some insight on all of this.... :bang:

2. justsid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe your bisexual. However, without you ever exploring the possibility with someone of the same sex. It would be very hard to tell for certain. I think the best thing you could do for yourself is find someone of the same sex and find out how deep your feelings go. When I was young before I was ready to accept myself. I dated women and I even felt attracted to them sort of. It was just the idea of not being alone I was attracted to I think. Once I dated a man for the first time. That was it. Everything clicked and made sense. I finally knew what was missing from the relationships I had before. For me dating women was just what I thought I was supposed to do an acquired taste if you will. I found someone I could be friends with and accepted that as romance. However, once I dated a guy for the first time. It wasn't simply friendship but a deep romance with passion. It was the whole package instead of a friend I was being intimate with like it was when I dated women.

3. Lindsey23

I feel similarly, I'm sexually and romantically attracted to women and am sometimes romantically attracted to men. But I'm really not sexually attracted to them...so I consider myself to be gay. I've never been in a relationship with a woman though. I think it would be easier to know if I had that experience...but the lesbian label feels right. Because if you're bisexual shouldn't you feel sexual attraction to men too? I don't know...

4. ShyShutterbug

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I going through something very similar to you. I'm questioning whether or not I'm bisexual, but I've never been in a relationship with a woman before. I think my lack of experience is the main reason I'm still unsure about my sexuality. I think the best thing to do is to find someone of the same sex and see how you feel about it. It might help you confirm your feelings with other women and help you come to terms with your sexuality.

5. MetalRice

I have absolutely zero experience romantically or sexually with either gender, through that didn't stop me at all from questioning my sexual orientation and eventually coming to terms with the fact that I am bi.