1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbians/gay man do you ever respond negatively to 'hot' members of the opposite sex?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by LooseMoose, May 2, 2015.

1. LooseMoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am somehow gender-blind when it comes to feeling drawn to people in general- I do feel neutral about dudes sexually most of the time, and can be attracted to them in a platonic way- which I have for a long time confused with actual attraction.

However sometimes I move from the neutral feeling when I happen to see very 'hot'-buff man either in person, or in photos my feeling moves towards the uncomfortable/angry. It's like the opposite of attraction- I perceive their sexual energy & I dislike it, rather than being drawn to it.

I am not sure if it is envy or fear, but it definitely provokes some kind of response which is on the verge of aggression- If I were a guy I could imagine myself definitely getting into a fight with somebody due to this response.
    Its weird- can anyone relate to that?

2. TheStormInside

Re: Lesbians/gay man do you ever respond negatively to 'hot' members of the opposite

It seems like you may have some issues here to address. For me, sometimes I feel uncomfortable around men, especially really attractive men, because I feel judged. It's a personal, poor self esteem thing along with a societal perception that men are always gauging women by looks. That can make me nervous or put me off. I have never been into the whole "suave hot guy" thing, either, it always comes off as smarmy to me rather than attractive, and so if that's what you're talking about, then I get what you are saying. It boggles my mind that women go for guys like that, but I finally get now that they're simply feeling something for these guys that I am not.

Additionally I wonder if there may be some aggression going on with you due to the societal pressure to like men. I don't experience the aggression you describe, but sometimes I get frustrated or just tired of trying to be attracted to men. I could see how that feeling could be translated to aggression toward those men unconsciously.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Lesbians/gay man do you ever respond negatively to 'hot' members of the opposite

I'm not sure what aggression you are talking about either. I probably haven't experienced it which might be why.

I guess for me I never really tried to be attracted to the opposite sex, I just was (at least to some extent), hence why I didn't understand my homosexuality until now.

I do, however, feel uncomfortable around girls that have a lot of make up on or just look drop dead sexy (big ass, revealing breasts). You know, the kind of girls that are doing that to get your attention. They certainly get mine and even my friends will catch me doing that, which might also be why I didn't think I would be gay.

Then again, I also feel nervous around older guys that I would find physically attractive, like if they work out a lot and got big muscles for example. This is certainly normal since I am attracted to guys.

@LooseMoose could you go into your issue a bit more? Trying to understand where you're coming from.

4. yayforthelgbt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only

I don't really feel angry when I see a hot member of the opposite sex, in fact I think a women sexually expressing herself is awesome and sexy. I'm not really sexually attracted to women though. Heteronormativity is annoying though. I understand what you mean I guess, that we are expected to feel sexually attracted to hot people of the opposite sex. However, it really doesn't bother me that much.

5. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I'm the same way as you. I don't like the sexual vibe or whatever. I'm just a complete lesbian ive come to realise. Nothing beats a cute girl in a short skirt with a cute ass! :wink: x

6. Gandee

Gandee Guest

No, I respond positively, whatever that means.

I am more intimidated by hot members of the same sex.

Hmm, both sentences doesn't sound right at all :grin: