1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender neutral transitioning

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by crystalgem, May 3, 2015.

1. crystalgem

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a demigirl (girl/agender) been trying to transition into an image that I can be comfortable in. Basically change everything that gives me dysphoria, like my hair, clothes, etc. I have feminine days and not so feminine days, and before, I used to go shopping on feminine days and end up buying somewhat girly clothes. So now my wardrobe is overall too girly. This is just one example. Where do I start? (btw I'm not rich lol)

2. bi2me

I found an article about having a "capsule wardrobe" which sounded like a neat idea. She took everything out of her closets and pared down to 37 pieces she could intermix to make a lit of outfits. I think she had something like 16 tops, 9 bottoms, a couple jackets, sweaters, and dresses. Then, each season she put those things away, or most of them, and started over. I liked the idea that everything in her lost was something she loved and it wasn't an overwhelming number of pieces or choices. Maybe you could do something similar, but for gender "moods" rather than strictly by season. (I don't mean mood in a disparaging way - just wasn't sure how to phrase that - please advise if that was insulting.)

I think the website was Un-Fancy | a minimalist fashion blog

Keep us posted!

---------- Post added 3rd May 2015 at 04:39 PM ----------

I found an article about having a "capsule wardrobe" which sounded like a neat idea. She took everything out of her closets and pared down to 37 pieces she could intermix to make a lit of outfits. I think she had something like 16 tops, 9 bottoms, a couple jackets, sweaters, and dresses. Then, each season she put those things away, or most of them, and started over. I liked the idea that everything in her lost was something she loved and it wasn't an overwhelming number of pieces or choices. Maybe you could do something similar, but for gender "moods" rather than strictly by season. (I don't mean mood in a disparaging way - just wasn't sure how to phrase that - please advise if that was insulting.)

I think the website was Un-Fancy | a minimalist fashion blog

Keep us posted!