1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it sound like I'm bisexual or just narcissistic?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by michigomilk, May 3, 2015.

1. michigomilk

michigomilk Guest

Hey, new member here. I am a 25 year old female and I really need some advice because my thoughts are driving me crazy. I have been obsessing over the topic of my sexuality recently (ironically after being single for the longest time ever since I started dating - 1.5yrs). I THINK I am a lesbian but I'm still sorting it out based on my past experience and questioning whether I ever liked men or if it was just the mind set I was in. You see, I knew I was attracted to girls ever since finding out girls could be together, as soon as I entered middle school. I asked my lesbian friend how she found out she was lesbian and she basically said "if you kiss a girl and you're not grossed out".
    Well, shortly after, I met a girl online and told her on the phone I liked her so much I wanted to kiss her (I was about 12 or 13) she agreed and I begged my mom to take me to her house. I remember she was a year or so older than me. We made out and cuddled on the couch and it felt so natural and wonderful.
    Throughout my teen years, I never got to do more with a girl and after losing my virginity to a guy at 15, I never really gave it much thought. I am not sure how typical my childhood was but I was raised by a single absent mother anyways I was high when I lost it and after that I kind of seeked sex out from guys because I liked the attention. It seriously never even felt very good to me. I just really liked that guys liked me for it and I felt kind of powerful being able to give out that kind of pleasure and being told "I was a natural" and "really good at" most things.
    ^ This is why I wonder if I only liked guys for the attention because I'm some kind of narcissist? I have felt romantic attachment & affection to guys but it was not tied to sex AND sex was not tied to physical pleasure for me. It was more a boost of self-esteem.
    Even nowadays when I go out in public I am always aware of men checking me out. However, I don't really care about them or their feelings, just makes me feel good that they find me sexy or attractive. Then again, I have found some men attractive before BUT they were and are feminine looking, since beards and stereotypically masculine features just are not appealing to me at all.
    OK now here's the problem: I have never had sex with a girl. I might not even know how? I mean I am pretty adaptable and I'm sure I can give good head since I've been told by guys countless times how talented I am at that I can't imagine it's much different (it might be even more enjoyable, since I see doing it to guys as a chore but I like feeling like I can make someone feel good & being complimented).
    I never had a chance to be with a girl and I never thought about it much since my family is sorta homophobic and I always figured I'm "bisexual" and I'll just end up with a guy anyways.
    Now that I've been single for awhile & have stayed away from "meaningless hook ups", I'm really questioning wth I'm gonna do when I get back in the dating pool and I've been feeling this strong urge to search for a woman, this time. I am really very sexually attracted to females although I'm scared because I'm inexperienced with them versus guys and it was just so easy to hook up with guys....am I just a narcissist? I don't wanna be an awful person but I think I used guys to boost my self esteem and figured it was a fair trade since they get to have sex?
    Idk... I feel guilty and wish I could like sex with guys more and I mean it's not like it was always dull, sometimes it felt really good but there was no spark and no guy ever came close to making me orgasm so yeah. I have no idea how much better it will be with a girl since I haven't tried. I liked making out with girls but I like making out in general with good kissers in the past. ?

2. MetalRice

While I can't say for sure, from your post, it sounds like your not really that greatly attracted to men; and the fact that sex with them isn't pleasurable for you and that you only did it for as you a say, a "self-esteem boost"; could point to you being a lesbian or at least a bisexual who prefers women more.

As for the question of narcisism, I would say no honestly; but that's just my opinion.

3. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No to the narcissism, but seems like you're being straight for the attention (which is a nice twist to how some girls are "bi for attention").

Go with how you feel. Seems like you either like feminine men or women or both and it honeslty doesn't matter what society things a man should or shouldn't look like, it's youre sexuality and truth.