1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell if a guy you like is gay

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by schoolboy15, May 3, 2015.

1. schoolboy15

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So there is this guy that I like and he seems like he may be gay. But how can I be sure if he is or isn't? When we speak with one another there is a lot of eye contact and smiling. Also, he always wants me to come over. He usually makes some form of physical contact with me whenever we see each other as well. Is this a sign that he may be interested or that I am reading into things too much? Also, if I wanted to hang out with him, I wouldn't know how to go about it.

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would ask him if he's seeing anyone, or if he's got anyone on his mind. Does he know that you're gay? It would certainly make things much easier if the both of you knew each other's orientation.

From what you describe, it sounds like he's interested. I think for me the dead giveaway would be the eye contact. Many people look away instantly unless they're interested. But of course this is just a generalization and I may not be correct. This is how I take the situation.

3. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Maybe, maybe, maybe...

Only well to tell for sure is to ask.

Which I just did at a baseball game on the way out, this guy had been making eye contact the whole game. So, on the way out, I pass him in the aisle. He's leaning over the wall, so I leaned over so just he could here me, touched his shoulder, and asked "hey, are you gay?" He said no I'm not. So I told him, "well, you are really cute" and left it at that. I had prepared a note with my phone number. He didn't seem insulted or angry, and we had to pass his college aged friends to get out, so he could have been a homophobe and gotten them to harass me.

So he asks you to go over his house, you say yes.

If you are interested in this guy, return the physical contact at the same level. Not necessarily mirroring his actions.

Otherwise, have fun, do not do anything you are uncomfortable with. There is no you have to do X, Y, or Z to be gay. You just have to like guys...